another tire wheel question after much searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another tire wheel question after much searching

i bought some 14x6.5 wheels (actually they are 6" in side the bead if thats how you measuer it). ok so here it is.... what kind of tires do i want to run. im trying to go for a slightly stretched tire look so far my options are 185/55/14, 175/65/14, 175/60/14 is next to impossible to find, 165/65/14 are pretty expensive suprisingly. any suggestions im not a tire guy so i dont realy know what would look stretched (if any of these tires) but i dont want to stretch too much just enough to be noticable? any thoughts on tire size. -thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Bobby, I would go with something like 165-175, but stay with 50,55, or 60 max. 65 is getting kinda tall. A 165/50 or 55 would give what you might be looking for.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

those are impossible to find but i agree. also i know im going to have to roll the fender out alittle but should i be good in the back with no suspension rub. the back space is supposed to be (BS = 3-15/16")

this article says they are only 5.5 but when i measured from lip to lip they measured 6.5?
      Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-02-2010, 01:09 PM.
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

The wheel width is measured from the inside or the outer lip to the inside of the inner lip. Sounds like those have a fairly low offset (13mm maybe?). Are you going to have problems with the tire rubbing on the fenders?
        Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
          The wheel width is measured from the inside or the outer lip to the inside of the inner lip. Sounds like those have a fairly low offset (13mm maybe?). Are you going to have problems with the tire rubbing on the fenders?
          i can deal with rubing on the outside but i dont want to get into moding the suspension to avoid rub behind the tire/wheel. and im just trying to find out what tire wont look wonky on there alli wanted was some stretch on the tires but if their only 5.5" wide thats not going to happen

Comment

Bobby, here ya go!
            http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehi...allbrands.html
            Just typed in the tire size in the search bar of the internet.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
              Bobby, here ya go!
              http://www.onlinetires.com/user/vehi...allbrands.html
              bro seriously that has to be the best tire place on the planet! they have everything! thanks is there a resource section in here and is that site on it if not there should be and that site should be #1

check out this price on super hard to find tire set https://www.onlinetires.com/cart.php thats shipped!

-155/55/14 yea that aught stretch alittle. right?
              Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-02-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

how wide would these tires measure in inches un-mounted?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                  how wide would these tires measure in inches un-mounted?
                  155/25.4= 6.1 in

honestly, its probably not gonna look stretched at all

Comment

yea i checked the measurment too

Comment

a buddy of mine had stretched tires on his impala, he went over some pretty decent railroad tracks and blew all 4 rim seals. Some tire places won't even mount them if the rim is wider than the tread.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
                        Bobby, here ya go!

That site has your "next to impossible to find" 175/60-14.

On the rim you chose, they would look stretched without looking ridiculous.

...and check out the price.

I'm thinking of getting a set. Maybe for some 14" Honda Civic HX wheels.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                          That site has your "next to impossible to find" 175/60-14.

On the rim you chose, they would look stretched without looking ridiculous.

...and check out the price.

I'm thinking of getting a set. Maybe for some 14" Honda Civic HX wheels.

s0 should i go with the 155/55/14 or the 175/60/14? are you sure they will look stretched? i think i found out that my wheels are only 5.5" the inner lip measurment is 5.5" the outer is 6.5". so should i go by the inner or outer? and yea the prices are stupid awesome -thanks

Comment

If you want the "stretched" look, go 155/55 if the rims are 5.5".

They won't look "rim sticking out" stretched, but they would have the straight sidewall look (very little sidewall bulge).

Rim width is usually inside measurement.
                            Last edited by JPT; 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Posted before, but this is stretched!

175/70-14 on a 10" wide rim

Comment

Working...
                              X