Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive me... I have betrayed you...

See for yourself:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have turned to the dark side!

Just remember:
    SPEED KILLS! Save lives- drive a Honda.
    What you don't stop at the door, you have to deal with on the floor.

Eh.

It's not the WORST Honda you could've bought. :twisted:

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

B20, that's all I have to say.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Nice. Not a big Honda person but I do like the older style. 8)
        4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

My first car was an '84 Honda Civic.

It closely resembled a Festiva. :shock:

Like Karl said, you could've done worse.

Regards,

Tim
          White '89L auto - Sold!
          Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Do you need some HP stickers I have some 5hp. 10hp and 15hp stickers.
            Don't forget your chrome spinning hub caps, and a VETC/Mugen sticker.

Comment

Wow those jokes are so fresh... I've never heard them before.. ever!

I looked at your website before, it doesn't surprise me that you sell those stickers... had I of been more interested, I probably would have taken the time to find them on the site
              * Retired Festiva-er*
              1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
              B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

We have a special section for you, so if you would have looked you would have found it. It's under your car is slow, so why do you try?

Originally posted by B6T
                Wow those jokes are so fresh... I've never heard them before.. ever

Wow your sarcasm is so fresh... I never heard that before..ever!

Comment

Uuuuum, am I missing something here?? What exactly is wrong with a Honda? They are one of the best car manufacturers in the world. The only bad Honda was the Passport, and the only reason that was bad is because it wasn't actually a Honda, it was an Isuzu.

Comment

My Dad had an Isuzu Trooper II from 1985 with the 1.9.

It lasted him until around 2000 and got over 200K miles before he junked it.

It was a nice, fun, simple SUV.

If I could have a Honda to mod, it would be my old 1981 Civic DX. Add vented front discs, stiffer suspension components and a rear stabilizer bar, and a 1.8 or 2.0 liter engine with at least 130 hp and I'd be set.

Hmmm, that's why I'm into Festivas now: Honda no longer "makes it simple."

(For all you youngins, that was their old ad phrase back in the early to mid eighties: "Honda, we make it simple.")

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I wasn't saying that all the Isuzus are bad, but the Rodeo (Passport) was.

Comment

Honda has succeded in brainwashing another....
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Well, no. Companies who manufacture quality products do not need to "brainwash" their customers.

It's the companies who build inferior quality products who need to brainwash people in order to get them to think their products are quality when in fact they are not.

As an example - Cadillac. Mention the name, and most people(especially older folks) instantly associate it with high quality. When in fact, many of their models have fairly poor reliability ratings.

To some extent Harley-Davidson as well(although I understand their quality has improved in recent years). Harley die hards think they are the greatest thing under the sun. Nothing real outstanding about them in many people's eye.

As far as Honda goes, if you believe they do not make quality vehicles, then someone has done a pretty good job brainwashing you against them.

Comment

[quote="gdawgs"]As an example - Cadillac. Mention the name, and most people(especially older folks) instantly associate it with high quality. When in fact, many of their models have fairly poor reliability ratings.[quote]

really!!!???

please tell me which data source you are using to present this information. According to the research I continually do for my job, Cadillac scored #3 in the country in brand quality, and Lincoln scored #4. And this wasn't a "popularity contest" type survey like Polk, JD Power and Consumer Reports. This was hard data based on the # and cost of repairs average per unit. Yes, Honda, and Toyota scored in the top 10, but they were below Caddy and Lincoln. Lexus scored either 1st or 2nd (I don't remember, don't have the reports in front of me), but Ford and Chevy beat out most of the rest of the Japanese manufacturers. Mitsu and Chrysler scored poorly, and all 3 Koreans were at the bottom of the list. That was for 2004. The 2005 #s will be out in late Jan / early Feb. If you would like to see the numbers I use, go to you local technical college library, and get a subscription code for "Automotive News". This is a trade publication, used by the manufacturers to aid in marketing strategy, keep trake of competitors product reports, etc. This is not a half-assed, seat-of-the-pants evaluation like is used by other publications. Craine Publications usually have direct and unfiltered access to manufacturer data, not the crap that gets fed to Road & Track, Consumer Reports, etc. And if you think I don't know what I'm talking about, I have to ask... have you ever personally spoken to or toured the facilities of the "experts" you quote? I have. I can tell you first hand that Consumer Reports is a joke. Their testing facility is in Yonkers NY, just outside of Manhattan. The grocery store accross the street from me is larger than their 'lab'. They base the majority of their reports off of data presented by othe rindependent evaluators. How the hell do you control the quality of the tests put to the items that way? You can't. Their evaluators are meerly stating their personal opinions, albiet influenced by data, however questionable. If its not a blender or mattress, Consumer Reports is useless. Now, let's get into the fact that I have 12 years of professional technician experience. The main advantage to the imports, is that they break consistently, not randomly. At a Ford dealer, you may fix 3 Focus today, but all 3 will have different problems. At a Honda dealer, you also fixed 3 cars, but all 3 had the same problem. I fully agree, the Japanese had better quality control for a long time. That time is over, pal. Now, the UAW has invaded the import manufacturers building vehicles here, and those factories are putting out the level of quality as the domestics. The devil is not in the engineering and design, its in the manufacture and assembly. And now Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, and others have to deal with the same life-sucking, useless, piss-poor quality UAW fuckers the domestics have had to deal with since the 20's. Welcome to the United States, mother fucker. Grow a brain, or get the fuck out.
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

a clarification to the last post.

the last two sentences are NOT directed at anyone here.

I was just venting my ever building frustration on the topic.

I value everyone here, and your opinions, even if I disagree with you.

I argue this same point daily at work, so it touches a nerve when I see it here.

So let me apologize if anyone takes offense to the the last two senteces.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                              X