I hate waiting!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate waiting!!!!!!

Why is it that when you are waiting on the last part; it never shows up on time. I have been without the Festiva for one week, today, and UPS is taking its sweet time getting me my parts. It's supposed to be here between 9am and 7pm. I'm sure it will show up at 4:30, thats when I have to leave for class, and then I work tomorrow, so I guess it will be another day without it.
    Just had to get that off my chest, I told the wife, but she could care less. Thanks for being there for me internet!
    1991 Festiva GL 152000 or so miles daily driver
    1989 Festiva L 161000 miles
    2003 Dodge Ram 1500
    "I cut it twice and its still to short"

thats the way it is they always show up when your not home. it sucks sorry your festiva is down what part are you waiting for?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

thats the reason i hate ordering stuff online, is the waiting.
      i would rather spend a little more to buy local, than to order.
      93L sold. First FESTY!
      91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
      91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
      89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
      93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
      89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
      93GL Sold Too Soon!
      91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

I'm waiting on my lower control arms. It's been sitting in my buddy's shop for a week, and i'm starting to feel bad, eventhough he said he didn't care how long it is there. I put a whole new exhaust on it, and now its soooooooo quite compared to what it was before, I want to get it out and show it off. I think in the future I will be going local for all my parts. I ended up sending back two big ticket items that I thought I needed but didn't, so all my "savings" went out the window anyway. COME ON UPS!!!!!!
        2003 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Originally posted by donkjc2 View Post
          I'm waiting on my lower control arms. It's been sitting in my buddy's shop for a week, and i'm starting to feel bad, eventhough he said he didn't care how long it is there. I put a whole new exhaust on it, and now its soooooooo quite compared to what it was before, I want to get it out and show it off. I think in the future I will be going local for all my parts. I ended up sending back two big ticket items that I thought I needed but didn't, so all my "savings" went out the window anyway. COME ON UPS!!!!!!
          yep weall get our lumps along the way. and i know how you feel about your car being at your buddies. i dont have agarage so when i need to use one i have to borrow and i just got through a whole crap load of drama where i was gutting my egt. not a big deal just drama. and ill be doing the bp swap into my other funbox at another friends garage but he's the kind of guy who likes to jump in and help so i dont see any drama in the future:
          Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-03-2010, 01:12 PM.
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Yeah, I see the UPS truck drive through my neighborhood 10 times a day and my package is always the last to be delivered, I know how it feels.
            '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
              Yeah, I see the UPS truck drive through my neighborhood 10 times a day and my package is always the last to be delivered, I know how it feels.
              I bet your neighbor thinks the same thing when they see the truck stop at your house

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

^^ Lol true. Sometimes even local part stores can be a pain in the butt....i ordered a rear main seal, and it came the next day no problem. I go to install it and theres a big gouge in the side of it. Ok, so I ordered another one....took 6 days to get it through advanced lmao...
                Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

I'm stuck waiting on parts for mine too
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

waiting on a tstat to fix my heating issues

Comment

dont feel bad it took ups 3 weeks to deliver a head gasket mind you we had ALOT of snowfall but there were like 3 days of sunshine and the roads were fine but what can ya do

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                        waiting on a tstat to fix my heating issues
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6901 Did you read this article, from what I understand Ford or Mazda is better for a T-stat.
                        '90 LX

Comment

i ordered the MOTORCRAFT Part # RT1073 {#F1CZ8575A} from rockauto

Comment

Just an update, for those who care, my parts made it here at about 1:35. The lower control arms went in without a hitch, and I was able to drive it to school. I should have taken a picture of myself driving it, I had a smile from ear to ear. The handling with the new CV's, lower control arms and new bushings is incredible! The new exhaust is so quite; if I had a radio in the car i'm sure I would be able to hear it now.
                            Next month I guess I will fix the radio, speedo, dash lights, and some other minor things.
                            2003 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Originally posted by donkjc2 View Post
                              Just an update, for those who care, my parts made it here at about 1:35. The lower control arms went in without a hitch, and I was able to drive it to school. I should have taken a picture of myself driving it, I had a smile from ear to ear. The handling with the new CV's, lower control arms and new bushings is incredible! The new exhaust is so quite; if I had a radio in the car i'm sure I would be able to hear it now.
                              Next month I guess I will fix the radio, speedo, dash lights, and some other minor things.
                              Cool, you sound like another person who loves their new Festiva and is fixing it up and taking good care of it.
                              '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X