the festiva addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the festiva addiction

ok so is there ever an end to the addiction? a cure? or will I just be seeking out the next enhancement and modding my festy forever? yeah probably. oh well
    91 red l-

thats what i like to hear
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

My aspire addiction will end with the V6 itself, but then there is custom "mufflers" and a supercharger intake idea I've been having... oh and then there is body work and maybe an attempt to cover the plastic panels with some padded vinyl. Then I'll need plenty of frame reinforcements and a larger fuel cell, rear disk conversion plates, threaded rod sway bar mod... etc...

so I guess it really never does end!
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

i hope it never ends gives me somthing to look forward to.
        tinker on the the putt putt have a beer.
        the bestpart i know that we costom built our car insted of just buying everything like hondas
        Last edited by mikeycar500; 03-07-2010, 12:40 AM.
        the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
        \/\_____________FORD
        FOREVER

Comment

It never ends..
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

There is no cure and it gets progressively worse. At first one car is all you need and then one day you find a good deal on another, and another, and another, until all you think about is the next big score. I'll have to get an updated pic of the driveway for you tomorrow

Mikeycar500:

AMEN BROTHA!!! Festivas are the closest thing to old school hot rodding I've found in a long time. All my other cars are easy; if I want an upgrade I can just open a catalog. Festivas are built in the theme of true hot rodding. If you want an upgrade you start looking at other donor cars and/or try to fabricate your own parts. Partially because you have to (just like back in the day), and partially because you WANT to :mrgreen:
            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
            Zulu Ministries

Comment

What addiction? I've never heard of such.........
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I almost kicked it....almost
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^ That's what they all say.

I see you falling off the wagon pretty fast tomorrow

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

well... i just bought a festiva in the summer and already droped a b6 single cam witha comp cam in it... exhaust... suspension... and i just bought my second one and a wrecked egt and am now dropping the bp with trans in it... and still looking to make things better than what they are... (best thing of all is that all in all i only have payed about 2000 alltogether:p) so i would say i dont have a problem and what is all this addiction talk
                    Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-07-2010, 12:58 AM.
                    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                      ^^ That's what they all say.

I see you falling off the wagon pretty fast tomorrow
                      I imagine so
                      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

1. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.
                        Okay im a addict. There i admitted it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                          i only have payed about 2000 alltogether:p) so i would say i dont have a problem and what is all this addiction talk
                          Some say addiction...I call it a passion. And in the case of Festies; it's also an investment :mrgreen:

Originally posted by sensei View Post
                          1. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.
                          Okay im a addict. There i admitted it.

Hahahaha! I'm just waiting for someone to outline the other 11 steps in this thread

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

^^ haha the other 11 steps should have something to do with making it faster and better dampened
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

^^ LOL That sounds more like the 12 Commandments!! :mrgreen:

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                              X