No announcement yet.

Recent Storm made me love my Festiva..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Storm made me love my Festiva..

About a month ago I aquired my first Festiva and the next day a big storm hit which left 39 inches of snow and me thinking I was going to be stuck with no electric or a way out of town. My girlfriend is pregnant so I had to get us to my parents no matter what. Tried getting my 96 Honda Accord out... right away stuck, even after 4 hours of shoveling the whole street. My dad then tries to come get us in his 99 Odessy, which didn't even make it to our house. Then the states plow truck comes and gets stuck right where my dad did. At this point I had been shoveling for 10 straight hours so i then turned around and said eff it might as well get the festiva stuck too. And what do you know, right away the car goes right through a 4 ft wall of snow and drives the whole 10 miles on all unplowed streets to my parents house. So after it was all over with and the snow was melted I realized that a little stock I4 1.3L Festiva just did what two V6 vehiles and a plow truck failed to do and not only made it down the street but through 10 miles of the same thing.... So I went to auto zone and bought automotive metal decals that spell out her name .... Tankstiva

I still can't believe it and I refuse to drive the Accord anymore because i know if i get in any trouble like that again the Festiva is the only thing making it.

They are light but the grip is not bad.
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Comment

The worst part is the tire wear is pretty bad in the Festiva but the Accord just got new tires in the middle of Jan and my dads van got new tires for Christmas...

Comment

awesome

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Good in snow is just one of the things to love about these cars.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

A Festy with Aspire springs (taller) and 165/80x13 snow tires would be darn near invincible.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

This story sounds very familiar!

During our last snow my F-150 4x4 with 351W and 31x10.50's was down and I just knew I was gonna be stuck. I remember lanemeyer14 saying that Festies were beasts in the snow so I decided to give it a try. I was totally AMAZED!! My 93 was unstoppable! I was passing 4x4's in the thing

My Festy goes as good or better than my truck and gets 3X the gas mileage.....I still haven't fixed the truck...LOL :mrgreen:
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Awesome, Festiva's are Tanks, and welcome to the Site.
                '90 LX

Comment

and speaking of things I love about the car, I just took a drive in it and realized that i haven't filled up in almost two weeks and I still have around a half tank left after around 200 miles!! My accord get 300 and cost twice as much to fill... Festivas are great =)

Does anyone know the typical engine life on a stock Festiva?

Comment

Originally posted by AllDay815 View Post
                    Does anyone know the typical engine life on a stock Festiva?
                    Could be as high as 500,000 miles with the proper maintnance, B3's are pretty tough, there are videos on youtube of Festiva's hitting 300,000 and 500,000 miles, but also could be low if PO didn't take care of the engine like the PO of my Festiva.
                    '90 LX

Comment

yyyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh i was stopped on a hill behind like 3 or 4 4x4 trucks and 1 guy even got out of his truck walked back to my car and asked "do you have 4 wheel drive?" i was like uummm no lol and he said "well you might wanna turn around and find a better way" so he got back in his truck and tried for like 20 min and i said to my gf watch this!! before we knew it we were goin up the hill passin every single vehicle that was in front of us waving as we went by lol

Comment

Well the PO of mine was the original owner and he babied the car since day one. Since 1990 when he bought it he has been driving the same 10 - 15 mile round trip to work and back, never going any faster then 60mph ... he had three cars and the only time he ever took the festy out was for work. He changed the oil ever 3000 miles and did regular maintnance. My only concern is the people on the Ford probe forum told me the same thing about the probes and less then a 100 miles later the head blew and that had only 50k on it at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by AllDay815 View Post
                          Well the PO of mine was the original owner and he babied the car since day one. Since 1990 when he bought it he has been driving the same 10 - 15 mile round trip to work and back, never going any faster then 60mph ... he had three cars and the only time he ever took the festy out was for work. He changed the oil ever 3000 miles and did regular maintnance. My only concern is the people on the Ford probe forum told me the same thing about the probes and less then a 100 miles later the head blew and that had only 50k on it at the time.
                          probes are junk!! they arent a festy, guarantee ya that.

Comment

yeah i realized that about the probes ... unfortunately for me close to $1000 after the fact =(

Comment

yea my gf grandmother LOVES probes and so i had a buddy of mine that was selling one. long story short she had bought the car and one of the rods literally exploded and shot out the side of the block. mind you that my buddy and i had replaced everything from the head up. new head, new internals, all new gaskets, a few lines here and there.

Comment

Working...
                              X