Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    ^^ this guy is about to have a suped up DD
    BTW I will do a mileage run on Casper (BP swap) on the trip down, and one on Kittystiva (B6rt) when I get back to St. Louis.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yet another reason, as if I needed one, to get down to the Sunshine Meet. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
      Probably be a lot of this going on. drooldrooldrooldrooldrool

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
        Yet another reason, as if I needed one, to get down to the Sunshine Meet. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.
        Probably be a lot of this going on. drooldrooldrooldrooldrool
        x2

Comment

75% of my cars are modified in one way or another and they are all DD's

My truck came from the factory with the coveted F4 351 Windsor roller block which means 85 up 5.0 parts will fit it. I swapped out the E7 heads for GT40Y aluminum ones with 1.7 roller rockers, a Ford Morosport E303 cam, Edelbrock upper and lower intake, BBK 75mm TB, and 75mm MAF meter, and 3:73 gears. I drive this truck back and forth to the beach regularly towing a large trailer. It's a 500 mile round trip and it's been very dependable for the last 2 years until the recent ECU issue.

My 98 Mustang has had the intake swapped over to the Ford PI unit. Custom grind comp cams, Accufab upper plenum, Ford Motorsport 75mm TB, lowered, poly bushings, Tokico shocks/struts, 4:10 gears, and a mild tune. I have all the parts to swap it over to a Teksid aluminum block and the full SVO top end; heads, intake, TB and all forged bottom end; Cobra crank, Manley H beam rods, Mahle pistons...just haven't had the time yet. Again, I drive this car back and forth to work and take it to the beach regularly.

Alot of it depends on how you do it, the quality of the parts you use, and the quality of the work you do.

The best advise I can give is that if you are going to have a project car then it's ALWAYS a good idea to have dependable backup car. That way if you run into any unexpected snags on the car you're working on you don't have to cut corners in order to get it going just so you can get to work on Monday. It gives you alot of freedom to do what you want to the car and do it right the first time. I'll be swapping my Festy over to a B6-ME in the near future but I will also have at least one back up DD car so if I run into any issues I can let the car sit until the problem is resolved. That way when the car is done I know that it will also be a dependable DD that I can jump in and take anywhere without any worries.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

My B6 swapped Festiva is my DD and has been since Sept '07! No problems specific to the swap... just the regular stuff.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

BP swap with stock tranny DD and weekend racer!!!
              Why build it if you cant drive it!!
              DV8 1 :twisted:
              MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
              2003 Protege5
              1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
              1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
              1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
              1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

ahh thats what I like to hear....i dont plan on going to the strip anytime soon but yeah i do want to be able to show it off once in a while....anyway thanks for all the input guys ive just been pushed that much closer to doing this swap...and yeah i know that its good to have a back up if you run into any problems but with thorough research and all the necessary parts and a good plan mapped out in my head, not just relying on mattswabbs writeup but other sites and forums i think that I can get it done in a weekend and have it driving by monday, so ill keep you all posted

by the way her name is :QUESTIVA

(copyright llc erica snow and claude martin corporation of naming cars)
                91 red l-

Comment

My car is was my DD for 2 year with the BP and festiva tranny. I'm now putting the G5M-R in it cause I want to use it at the drag but I will continue to use it as my DD as soon as I'm done with the swap and the repair.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

I followed mattswabbs write up, for the most part to the "T" and I have been beating on it ever since. He did an great job on it.
                    DV8 1 :twisted:
                    MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA MAZDA
                    2003 Protege5
                    1983 Rx-7 Limited Edition
                    1991 Festiva (soon to be a 121)
                    1991 Chevy S10 pickup (R.I.P.)
                    1990 Chevy S10 pickup Bagged on all 4 corners

Comment

I also DD mine and then drive it to the races, swap slicks on smoke lots of Hondas (among others) then swap my street tires and drive home. I travel over 100 miles to race sometimes. My mods inclide B6,performance cam, lightened flywheel, exety clutch, Aspire swap, coilovers, Tow package =-) short shifter ect ect. My car gets 35mpg all day long driving like a maniac!

Comment

I have a turbo focus and a bp festiva both are DD it's way to much fun to only drive them somtimes.
                        BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

since I first came upon this site 4 or 5 years ago,shortly after buying a Festiva for $50.00 CDN, it wasn,t long before I had a B6 installed. This site is very contagious. I have my second Festiva now with a B6 DOHC which I use every day for work. I have Aspire suspension all around with 14" wheels, plan on getting a manual into it (need clutch). This car is driven every day everywhere. It carries my complete drumset and lighting for the bands I'am in (rear seat always out). It hauls garbage to the dump, like I said, it is used everyday.
                          Great fun...
                          Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

when ever i find a new festy its going to be summer only and have a nice home in my garage all winter. Damn michigan winters destroy everthing
                            1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
                            2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by Epixstar View Post
                              when ever i find a new festy its going to be summer only and have a nice home in my garage all winter. Damn michigan winters destroy everthing
                              That's what I do. Buick in the Winter, Festy the rest of the year.

But I do mod my cars while I drive them. One good tip is to plan every move and allow for double the time you think it will take. Also have every thing ready to go (no "I'll run to the store after this is done").

This way, you'll avoid downtime and won't try to rush things (take your time and it'll be fast. Rush, and it'll only be half fasst)
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                                But I do mod my cars while I drive them. One good tip is to plan every move and allow for double the time you think it will take. Also have every thing ready to go (no "I'll run to the store after this is done").

This way, you'll avoid downtime and won't try to rush things (take your time and it'll be fast. Rush, and it'll only be half fasst)
                                So very true. If you think you "might" need it, go ahead and get it before you start. Easier to take a part back you didn't need, than to have to bum a ride to the parts store to get what you didn't get last time.

I burnt two extra hours when I did Batstivas struts/shocks because I didn't think I would actually need spring compressors. D'oh!!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X