Cabin noise improvement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin noise improvement!

I have a rather large fart can on my car, and it was always very loud inside the car. When I put my new carpet in, I laid foam padding down on the entire floor, and it helped a little bit. Yesterday, I was trying to fix the ugly rattling sound coming from my catilytic converter. I cut the heatshield off, and welded in a piece of pipe from one side of the cat to the other on the inside (had been previously punched out). Flipped the dounut, and smashed it into place on the downpipe, and bolted the cat back up. I was amazed to find how much the exhaust actually leaked, because it is WAY more quiet in the car now. Sounds better too
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

I plan on put sound deadening undercoating on the inside of my car and foil backed insulation under my new carpet! That should knock my noise level from the 2.25 exhaust and the flowmaster down to nil!
    IF ONE FESTI IS GOOD THEN TWO IS BETTER!

93 L TEAL ( this winter new paint) full 2.25" exaust w/flowmaster 2 chamber! all black interoir! coil overs and aspire swap in the wings and 14" jetta mk3 alloy wheels! bp+t on the way!

Comment

Don't forget to put some sound deadener under the hood, the engine roars at high RPMs.
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
      X