Ready to go pick up #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to go pick up #2

Well, I'm sitting home right now on my lunch break, but after I get off of work I'm going to pick up 1 out of the 2 festys I'm buying. It all started out saturday when I got the idea of going up to the door of this very nice lady's house that had a festy parked in her drive. After talking for a bit we went back to look at it. First thing that blew my mind is that this car had absolutely no rust except for one spot with surface rust, which is pretty amazing for Iowa. After snooping around the only thing wrong with this car is one of the fusible links is missing so it won't start, but when she parked it she put new oil in it . So after getting her down to the price of $400 that I will have to pay her when I get my check next week I was happy as ever.

But as I was about to leave she said she had another one at her parents house that she would sell for $200 because of a lil body damage, so I'm thinking parts car. So I go down there and it just so happens I could start it up with the key to my festy, and the best part is its a LX. This thing has pw mirrors, rear defrost with wiper, white letter tach cluster, full console, all the awesome goodies.

So, I'm heading there tonight with what money I have to get the LX and then next week I'm going to get the other one. So I'll post up some pics later of the LX and I'll wait to get pics of the other one because she had it in her drive to put stuff in so I can't get detailed pics.

dude, is that a 90 LX?? Swoopies??!!!
    -Josh R

Comment

Yep

Comment

hells yea bro!! good look!!

Comment

Cool, can't wait for the pics. Sounds like you got a good deal.
          '90 LX

Comment

Sorry, no pics yet. I went over there after work and I never said anything to her about getting the blue LX also so when I went she said the title was in her deposit box at the bank so she would have to get it tomorrow. Well its tomorrow now so I'm heading over there after work tonight and I'll be bringing it home for sure so I'll post up some pics tonight.

Comment

Nice! LX doesn't sound like a parts car. Can't wait to see some pics.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
              Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
              Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
              >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Ok, sorry about the wait. I managed to hurt my neck at work so I was at the chiro for a while, but I managed to go get it. As I promised here some pics, I'll post some more up in the morning of the rust and body damage which will explain why it a parts car. The only unexpected things were it only has a swoopie on the passenger side, the drivers is manual and the shifter fell through the floor so I had to pull it up to shift it on my ride home, but I like the full console.

Sorry about all the crappy pics, can't climb in there much since I can only move my neck to one side, but not bad for $200.

Comment

Dude! 90LX FTW!!!!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Same color as my '90 LX.
                    '90 LX

Comment

oh my, there's a 90 LX in the junkyard identical to that one, except it's an automatic. I got the tach, seats, door panels, full console, (swoopies were busted) and it's hatch was rust free!
                      -Josh R

Comment

The 90LX in that blue with that black strip below the back glass and the red trim in the bumpers and molding and the removable headrests is hands down the best looking stock festiva ever.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I had the same problem with the shifter falling through the floor when I drove mine home. It's a shame it only came with one swoopy. Maybe the other is in the back or under a seat? Good deal none the less. Let me know if you're letting go of the white tach.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
                          Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
                          Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
                          >> Photo Album <<

Comment

I love the look of this style also, and I'm planning on getting ahold of a drivers side swoopie and 2 trim rings for the rims since it came with 2 on there. And sorry jc but all the nice goodies on this car are going into the red one I'm getting next week because it going to be my DD since I'm giving the one I have now back to my dad since he gave it to me when I turned 16.

Comment

SCORE! It's always great when a Festy finds a good home...especially a good trim level one
                              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                              X