No announcement yet.

Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything but white. Maybe green. A calming color that doesn't call attention to itself.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

phthalo green

The festiva green is an phtalocyanine based organic pigment. It is very transparent, pure and clean.

Isn't it unusual that the green is located right in the middle of the visible spectrum? And isn't it even more amazing that our sun's energy peaks right in the same range for photosynthesis. Purely coincidence?

Comment

blue

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

blue
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Green
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Red x3
              Blue x7
              Green x8
              Teal x2

Thanks!

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
              Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
              Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
              >> Photo Album <<

Comment

i also vote for deep teal or green....careful there are 2 green ones out there so you would want a diff shade of green.

ADMIN @ http://ironjuggernauts.com/forum.php?referrerid=1

Comment

I really like what it has now. Those four changing colors are really unique!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I vote metallic blue like the '93 festiva and I like the white grill and wheel accents!

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Isn't it unusual that the green is located right in the middle of the visible spectrum? And isn't it even more amazing that our sun's energy peaks right in the same range for photosynthesis. Purely coincidence?
                    Coincidence? No
                    Green is located in the middle of the spectrum because that is how vision has evolved. If our sun/star was something other than a G type star our vision would likely not be so sensitive to the color green and our visual range would likely be different as well.

Photosynthetic organisms have evolved over billions of years to use the most readily available photons (peak out put) to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugars and the waste product oxygen. The photons usable for this process are further constrained by the fact that weaker photons do not contain enough energy to crack the chemical bonds to do the conversion. And higher energy photons (UV) will disrupt the biological system itself.
                    Life around other hotter/cooler type stars will evolve different mechanisms to use that particular solar output to produce energy storing molecules and another by product.
                    See, no magic needed!
                    Last edited by Pu241; 03-16-2010, 02:06 PM.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Green !!!!
                      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      There ain't no rest for the wicked
                      until we close our eyes for good.
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I also vote for Green.
                        '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          I vote metallic blue like the '93 festiva and I like the white grill and wheel accents!

Coincidence? No
                          Green is located in the middle of the spectrum because that is how vision has evolved. If our sun/star was something other than a G type star our vision would likely not be so sensitive to the color green and our visual range would likely be different as well.

Photosynthetic organisms have evolved over billions of years to use the most readily available photons (peak out put) to convert water and carbon dioxide into sugars and the waste product oxygen. The photons usable for this process are further constrained by the fact that weaker photons do not contain enough energy to crack the chemical bonds to do the conversion. And higher energy photons (UV) will disrupt the biological system itself.
                          Life around other hotter/cooler type stars will evolve different mechanisms to use that particular solar output to produce energy storing molecules and another by product.
                          See, no magic needed!

lmao good write up!!

but my vote for green too!!

Comment

Red with black accents!!!
                            Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                            1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                            2004 Mazda 3
                            -----------
                            5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by AllDay815 View Post
                              My vote is for a two tone of black and red but that only cause I wanna see what mine is going to look like in a few months =]
                              here are some colors for you to look at....lol

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i've always loved the red/white combo so i'll vote for red!

Comment

Working...
                                X