difference in trim levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference in trim levels

I'm new here and considering a 1990-93 Festiva. This has probably been discussed before, but I can't find a tread. I'm wondering what the differences are between the "L" and "GL" trim levels (and for the "L" "L+" & "LX" for that matter). are the differences simply cosmetic? Is one "better" than another?

Is 45 mpg reasonably achieved with these cars?

Thanks
    Matt (Seattle)

LX trim level could be on '88,'89, and '90, GL were '91,'92, and '93 and L's were available every year, LX had the most options, like 50/50 split rear seat, removable headrests,rear cargo lamp, GL was below LX and L was your base Festiva. GL also came in a Sport package in '92, and '93 which had a Spoiler and Red Striped interior. Cosmetically GL had alloy wheels, LX had a Red stripe on the side body molding, '91+ had skinny side body molding while <'90 had a wide body side molding. I know I left out some stuff but here is a link to what came with different year and trim packages. http://web.archive.org/web/200102031...a/options.html And 45 MPG can be had with a 5 speed easily. O, and Welcome to the site.
    Last edited by wybnrml; 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM.
    '90 LX

Comment

Welcome Aboard!! Here's a little light reading on the subject at hand. And yes, 45 mpg is very possible. Mine (89 carbie) gets between 42 and 45 mpg, depending on how well I keep my foot out of it.

^^Ya beat me to it.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
      X