Junkyard Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard Find

I found two Festivas and two Aspires in a junkyard just outside of Midlothian, Texas on HWY 287. Midway Salvage (Midway something anyway)

The Festivas are a red GL and a red L. Both have manuals and A/C. One in decent condition, other in excellent condition. I considered taking the whole care and trailering it back to Montana.... I will be taking some of the lights tomorrow. Possibly the map pockets, passenger mirror, maybe more. They quoted my $10 per light unit.

As for the Aspires, one is a teal 95. Other is white, don't know year.

None of these cars have really been picked through in case anyone in the DFW area is interested. HWY 287 from Ft Worth. HWY 67 or 35 to 287 from Dallas.

Photos:
    ~Austin
    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    I found two Festivas and two Aspires in a junkyard just outside of Midlothian, Texas on HWY 287. Midway Salvage (Midway something anyway)

The Festivas are a red GL and a red L. Both have manuals and A/C. One in decent condition, other in excellent condition. I considered taking the whole care and trailering it back to Montana.... I will be taking some of the lights tomorrow. Possibly the map pockets, passenger mirror, maybe more. They quoted my $10 per light unit.

As for the Aspires, one is a teal 95. Other is white, don't know year.

None of these cars have really been picked through in case anyone in the DFW area is interested. HWY 287 from Ft Worth. HWY 67 or 35 to 287 from Dallas.

Photos:
    http://pbckt.com/sL.dO2i
    i would deff buy the festiva.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

hmmm...both have passenger mirrors....are you sure the one is just an L?
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        hmmm...both have passenger mirrors....are you sure the one is just an L?
        I would say the one is an L and someone added the mirror, the one has black painted bumpers and skinny body molding. So it's probably a 91+ L.
        '90 LX

Comment

I highly doubt they would sell you the whole car, most yards won't once its been processed
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I woudn't want to trailer it back to Montana anyway.
            I got the driver's headlight, passenger park light, passenger turn signal, both rear lights, and the passenger mirror for $40.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I bet the brakes off that aspire would be pretty clean

I need someone to pull me a southern aspire swap...

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by big_ty2003 View Post
                I bet the brakes off that aspire would be pretty clean

I need someone to pull me a southern aspire swap...
                There are alot of Aspires down here in Colorado yards, generally rust free. Might be a little costly for shipping though.
                Last edited by wybnrml; 03-23-2010, 09:24 PM.
                '90 LX

Comment

I can ship it through work, we get a pretty good discount through a few carriers.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                  X