Non-motorized belts with fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-motorized belts with fuel injection

Hello all, new to this site and I am thinking about a Festiva. What I want is a fuel injected model without the motorized seat belts. Does such a model exist? Would it be a 1989 model since motorized belts came out in 1990? Let me know, thanks in advance. Rick

Yeah the '89 Automatic had FI, but if you plan on doing an engine swap then you would have to swap the engine harness to a '90+ harness. Or you can buy a '90+ and swap it to manual selt belts but I have heard it can be alot of work. O, and Welcome.:hello2:
    Last edited by wybnrml; 03-23-2010, 09:19 PM.
    '90 LX

Comment

Thanks for the info. Only the automatic in 1989 had fuel injection, not the 5 speed? It seems, the easiest thing would be to swap out the tranny.

Comment

auto to manual swap:

Comment

I am deciding between a Festiva and a Subaru Justy. I hate motorized belts and carbs. If I cannot get a Festiva the way I want it, I may have to go with the Justy. The Justy is hard to find

Comment

Any and all Canadian festiva had manual seat belts, we never got auto belts up here in any year festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It isn't THAT hard to swap to manual belts, just what people prefer to do is to swap the headliner and pillar trims as well.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

If you want it to look right. Thats what you do.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Yeah I know, but if you weren't really worried about looks too much youd drill a hole in the pillar trim and do it that way. That's what I plan on doing until I get all the trim pieces.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                  1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                  2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                  2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

The bolt holes are already there. Its just that the trim and headliner are different.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

As far as i know any festiva with auto belts had hard headliners where as manual belts had vinyl headliners

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        As far as i know any festiva with auto belts had hard headliners where as manual belts had vinyl headliners
                        Yep. Auto belt cars have a trim piece that wraps around the A and B pillar to cover up the track though.
                        '90 LX

Comment

Rick...welcome to the site. Please add your location to your profile when you get a chance. Just get a newer Festy and swap the belts. You will not regret it.
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Wow, you guys rock. Great info. I think the Festiva is the right choice. The Justy is interesting, I justdon't know about a three cylinder motor. The Festiva has better lines. Thanks for all the input

Comment

Originally posted by festivarick View Post
                              Wow, you guys rock.

Yup...we know....lol
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X