Cooker to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooker to go!

Man would I love one of these! Would make an awesome trailer for a Festy meet. PRICEY though, at $2K. Lowe's sells it...
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

I'm sure you could fabricate something like that on your own and save lots of money. You could rig up some sort of fridge/cooler to keep your beer cold. That would be awesome to have
    90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
    93 Festiva L 5 speed
    93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Just picked up one of these:

Might have to set it up for multiple roles, one of which could be a cooker!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

or you could just use this

it opens up to a grill
        Last edited by 92festie; 03-27-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post

That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pic of the bbq. Trust me, with that trailer, you could build you something for way, waaaay cheaper!
          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
          #2 .....Cheesehead
          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
          #4 .....Montana Project
          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
          Bought her back for $450
          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Well what I was thinking is have individual modules that bolt onto the trialer frame for:
            Grilling
            Hauling wood - integrated sides and tie downs
            Hauling engines - blocks to hold a B3/B6/BP/etc in up right position and ratched/chained down.
            Oil & WVO hauling 55 gal drum centered on axle with ports for loading and unloading drum.
            The list is endless and many could be intgrated in to a single module.
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post

Wow, I was just looking at that today! That and a Festy hitch. Let me know how it works for you!
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

It looks like the same trailer Harbor Freight sells. If so, from what I've read somewhere, you want to check your bearings.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                  It looks like the same trailer Harbor Freight sells. If so, from what I've read somewhere, you want to check your bearings.

Karl
                  Haven't even put it together yet, but will do!
                  Anything in particular I shouldbe looking for?
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I just remember reading somewhere that the bearings they have need to be either repacked or replaced. At the very least, check them out. Go to HF and compare your trailer's picture & specs with theirs. They look the same to me, but I didn't compare side by side.

Hmmm, just did. The load cap is different, but 8" wheels are the same:

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Still could be the same item, with mistakes made in load cap. They look so alike.

Ah, here's the download of the HF trailer instruction book:

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Load cap is listed at 1060#! I bet they are the same. Check your instruction book to see!

John, if you find this trailer to be really nice, I will probably buy the same at HF. With my 20% off coupon, that is.

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-28-2010, 08:31 AM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Hey Driver! You could "redneck" one together!

Around here I see alot of those cookers that are homemade. I plan on building one out of an old oil heater drum and the rear beam from a front wheel drive car
                      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                      Zulu Ministries

Comment

my dad and I made a cooker like that...150 gal. LeRoy air compressor tank and an old woodstove that we heated our house with...put it all on an old motorcycle trailor. Its pretty sweet, he goes to national BBQ contests and competes with it.
                        Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

That's awesome I think old air compressor tanks have like 1001 uses! That's what I used to build my waste oil furnace.

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                            Hey Driver! You could "redneck" one together!

Around here I see alot of those cookers that are homemade. I plan on building one out of an old oil heater drum and the rear beam from a front wheel drive car
                            Yee-haw! With my fabrication skills, it'd look like a blob of weld holding together what looked like an oil heater drum on a wheel haha! But it is an idea... I wonder if I got the parts, who could make me one... (Imagining super grill, with 8 12,000 btu burners and 2 propane tanks... But that's just imagining)

Comment

I have 3 welders, a plasma cutter, 3 band saws, and many FWD rear axle beams

PS: Don't use propane. A real smoker uses real wood...LOL

WWZD
                              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                              X