bp delimma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bp delimma

well I just found out today that my front end is pretty much toast. I need new wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends, new cv joints, new rotors, and my ball joint on my lca is half eaten away so i also need a new lower control arm as well. I have had an inner ear infection and my hearing has been messed up for a couple of weeks. I heard an intermittant noise but could not figure out where it was coming from till it was too late and I also smoked my clutch. I dont know how much damage was done to the clutch disc but when I pulled the car over it was smoking and my wheel was trying to lock up from the bad bearings. My delimma is this .I have recently been bitten by the bp bug real bad and since I will have my motor half way pulled out any way should I go ahead and by one and do my ultimate swap or just leave my perfectly good b6me alone. The thought of another 39 hp sounds really good. I would keep the stock Festy tranny so the swap shouldnt be too major. Oh well thanks for letting me vent.
    Rick
    1990 Festiva L
    Bp swap, stock tranny

[

i say go for it bro. if you have the know how and the resourses for parts go for it
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

kind of what I'm leaning towards. Thanks. Dont think I have total knowhow but I'm sure there are enough threads on the swap here and a lot of helpful folks here so it can be done even by me. I might need to post a wtb here for items that dont come on a jy motor though such as a ecu, vaf, disty all for a bp.
      Rick
      1990 Festiva L
      Bp swap, stock tranny

[

Comment

BP swap with stock trans sounds a lot simpler than a B6T with G25MR, I'll just say that

Make sure you get a better clutch though.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

With that much wrong with your Festiva front suspension, I say go for the Aspire swap at least.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I definately am considering the aspire swap but I would have to change my wheels and I dont have anything with the aspire pattern. Also the aspire has the wheel bolts like the Festy correct? I have been told by another member that the Capri swap has the same pattern as the Festy and I think I read on here somewhere that it has studs instead of bolts. That is the one thing that I detest about my car. I hate trying to line up those bolts on aftermarket wheels.
            1990 Festiva L
            Bp swap, stock tranny

[

Comment

You can get stud kits for it.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Would you have a link Monsoon? Stud kits would be too cool. Thanks
                1990 Festiva L
                Bp swap, stock tranny

[

Comment

I just got the right bolts for mine and cut off the heads and thread locked them into the front hubs. On the rears I just used a grinder to remove half the height of the head of the bolts and threaded them in from the inside. Lug studs FTW!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

a VW kit will work for studs too.
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                      I just got the right bolts for mine and cut off the heads and thread locked them into the front hubs. On the rears I just used a grinder to remove half the height of the head of the bolts and threaded them in from the inside. Lug studs FTW!
                      simply Genius!

I'm gonna have to do that now... thanks man!

What was the stock thread on those again? I have a tap somewhere for them, I clean out the threads every oil change.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Sorry I can't recall. It's been a while.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                        X