Who's Festiva is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Festiva is this?

Jalopnik headed out to Sacramento Raceway Park in Northern California to enjoy some Wednesday night street legal tire-smokin' mayhem. Does the rent-a-racer stand a chance against Corvette Z06s and boosted-to-hell-and-gone VTEC Civics?

A little over halfway down. Kinda wierd it's actually in an article about drag racing.
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

I dunno who owns it but its rocking painted black EGT 7 spokes like I want to do with mine!

siick!
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Judging by the rear wing id say fastivaB6TG25MR.

Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

^ I was gonna say the same
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          Judging by the rear wing id say fastivaB6TG25MR.
          I would say yep. He has rolled fenders, hood pins, and he has his license plate mounted on the bumper like that.
          Last edited by wybnrml; 03-28-2010, 08:41 PM.
          '90 LX

Comment

Is it me or that's not a stock front bumper???
            The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

And judging by the speed and and the time, I would say he sat at the light for a second after it turned green or he bogged down on the launch.
              The Festiva Store
              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

that's a stock bumper.
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

nonamekid, in dragracing you can sit at the line for a few seconds, and still run the same time as if you left with a perfect light, the timers don't start until you break the light beams

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
                    nonamekid, in dragracing you can sit at the line for a few seconds, and still run the same time as if you left with a perfect light, the timers don't start until you break the light beams
                    Depends on the track and how they are running it -
                    You should get a total time - a run time - and a reaction time

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

What is a Drag Race?
                      In basic terms, a drag race is an acceleration contest from a standing start between two vehicles over a measured distance at a specifically designed drag race facility. These contests are started by means of an electronic device commonly called a Christmas Tree." Upon leaving the starting line, each contestant activates a timer that is, in turn, stopped when the same vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's e.t. (elapsed time), which serves to measure performance and often serves to determine handicaps during competition.

Two separate performances are monitored for each run: elapsed time and speed. Upon leaving the staging beams, each vehicle activates an elapsed-time clock, which is stopped when that vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's elapsed time (e.t.), which serves to measure performance. Speed is measured in a 66-foot "speed trap" that ends at the finish line. Each lane is timed independently.
                      this was just copied from the NHRA website, i have raced at a few tracks, and they all did the same as i stated in prior post before, the timers don't activate until vehicle has left the starting line

Comment

If you are bracket racing its reaction time that matters. This is how drags typically go. Its why you can run with a stock stiva and beat a 10.0 car. Its all about the driver.

Comment

reaction time matters in any form of racing weather it be monster truck racing, even circle track racing, reaction time is everything, bracket or heads up, but the same car will run the same times weather you have a .000 light or a .900 light BECAUSE the timers don't start until the vehicle leaves the starting line, the elasped timers don't don't start when the lights turn green, it starts when the vehicle leaves the starting line, you can sit there for 5 seconds but you'll run the same time as if you left with a perfect light, if you move of the starting line and then sit there, well thats a different story, also if you stage deep ur et will be slower, but thats a whole different ball game there, the pros tend to get into that game, i'm not trying to be a know it all, just educating

Comment

Working...
                          X