I'll have what he's Smoking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll have what he's Smoking....

So, there's a used car lot not too far from my place. He's had a really sweet looking (from the road, anyway) red Festiva sitting there for a couple of weeks. I have resisted the urge to stop and look at it because I know this particular lot tends to be a bit over priced on their cars. Finally broke down and stopped in there today. Here's the scoop.

93 GL, auto, factory cruise, factory A/C, near mint body except for a slight fading on the bumper covers. Tilt wheel, 62K miles. Basically, every option possible, except for a spoiler or sunroof. The car is nice, make no mistake. Went in and asked for the price. Anyone want to guess before I just blurt it out? Okay, we'll play a little game. You guys get to guess, and the winner gets...well, nothing really.:p By way of a hint, I would have gone somewhere around 1500 for this car, and I would not have even been close.

On a side note, I think my Festiva Radar might be a bit too strong. After I left the above mentioned car lot, I kind of cruised a couple of backroads on my way back home. Rolling along at 40 mph (this is a back road, and I didn't want to pull a Gestiva) I catch a glimpse of the top edge of a roofline, through trees, about 100-150 yards off the road. Double back, drive up in there, and sure enough, it's a Festy. Looked kind of sad and abandoned, so I knocked on the door. No one home, left them a note, guess we'll see. Is there a way to turn down the radar's sensitivity? Or, do I even want to?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

4k? does the winner get the car, on your tab?

Comment

I bid $6000.00

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
      On a side note, I think my Festiva Radar might be a bit too strong. --- Is there a way to turn down the radar's sensitivity? Or, do I even want to?
      You can't. It's part of the addiction.

Just like crack heads know where to find rocks, Festiva addicts can spot a Festiva a mile away.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

$2495! :mrgreen:

I feel like I'm on The Price Is Right
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

if they normally tend to be over-priced and with it having low mileage i'm going to guess $3500

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I can name that price as $4500
            John

91L 5-speed, RIP
            89L 4-speed, teal/white
            http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

if its anything like the ones I've looked at at dealers I would say 2900 or more

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
              92 GL - parts car
              97 aspire - parts car
              87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
              http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
              Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

I'd have to say if he was like the car lot here about 4000.00

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
                91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

$1 Dollar Bob!
                  Nah I will say $3,750
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

$4,300.
                    '90 LX

Comment

$7995. If I'm within $500 do I get both showcases bob?
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

$2,800
                        Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Some pretty close guesses, but the damage would be 4,195. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice car, but all three of my current festivas only cost me about 1600 combined.

Thought about taking a few pics, but figured the guy would try to charge me for it. That, and I forgot my camera. :banghead:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

wow...thats...way...too....much....
                            Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Darn I was only $105 off. I don't think I would ever pay $4,195 for a Festiva, unless it was in brand new MINT condition. I think $4,000 can go along way for fixing up a Festiva with almost brand new everything and an engine swap.
                              '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X