I found a 1996 Aspire with 60K Five speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a 1996 Aspire with 60K Five speed

It is the purpleish blue..indigo? two door and the shop said they had to put a head on it because oil was getting into the coolant..new timing belt done while there. It has working air and not wrecked, but a few minor areas of dents/dings. No rust. They want $1500 for it...I am not sure if it is worth that much. It is missing one wheel cover. I love the Festiva, but wonder if this might be a good idea. Any feedback appreciated.

It would make a great "back up" car if you don't already have one and you can get them down on the price some :thumbright:
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Since it has less than 100K on it, you could actually put some real miles on it before selling it!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

that is a hell of a deal for no rust and low miles.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

What concerns me is the health of the engine...never heard of such a low mile car having such an issue. It did not get coolant in the oil supposedly...but how would I know? How low should I get him?

Comment

Offer him $900. When he balks let him sit on it. Come back a couple of days later with a $1000 offer. Drive it until gas prices spike then sell it on ebay for a tidy profit.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              Offer him $900. When he balks let him sit on it. Come back a couple of days later with a $1000 offer. Drive it until gas prices spike then sell it on ebay for a tidy profit.
              ^my thoughts exactly always make an offer no matter how unreasonable it may seem, you never know what might happen also I would say 1500 is pretty steep imho
              91 red l-

Comment

I got it for $1300..has all service records since new. It drove and ran perfect and the air works. I should pick it up Friday. Hope I got a good one and did not pay too much. Oh, the oil is due for a change and is still clear and full.

Comment

Oh, i forgot..it is a 97, not a 96 and the miles are 60,600.

Comment

Nice find. My friend just picked up a 95 with 79k on the clock for 650 bux. I also know where another one is for 400 that needs a fuel pump. It has 62k on the clock.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Wow, I wish I could have gotten it cheaper then!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                        Wow, I wish I could have gotten it cheaper then!
                        $1300 seems reasonable for very low miles, new head, head gasket and belt. It depends on your perspective. The $400 and $650 cars are probably not nearly as nice.

Prob. a little old lady car. My mother is 89 and has a 2000 Corolla with about 35K on it.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Well, if I can get the pics from my Boost phone to work I can replace the Festiva pic..finally! Sure will seem strange for that not to be me! At least I have something to come to the next meet in. Sadly, Dean won't be there to see it. If we even have one now....

Comment

That is a good price. I paid almost 2000 for mine years ago with just 58k on the clock. Car was very minty though. The 650 and 400 dollar cars arent in the best of shape but they will serve their purpose well. Both going to be used for brakes and engines will come out to go into Festivas. The rest will end up being parted out or put back together using Festiva bits to sell as a running driving car for around the same prices.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roboskittle View Post
                              The rest will end up being parted out or put back together using Festiva bits to sell as a running driving car for around the same prices.
                              I've always wondered about a reverse Aspire swap...bolting Festiva stuff on an Aspire.

Wonder if anyone's done that before? I bet it handles and brakes worse than a stock Festy lol.
                              White '89L auto - Sold!
                              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                              X