Try to finish or find another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try to finish or find another?

I've been fighting with myself for a couple of days about this. Recently I sold my Cressida for $500. I've been trying to find another Festiva but I cant find anything around here. I've been playing with the idea of trying to finish my Festiva but it'd be really really close cut, and if I fail to finish it I won't have a car to drive other than my mom saying I could drive her Sentra. I have stuff sorta priced out but I know I've forgotten stuff, you guys know how it goes. What do you guys think? Should I risk it or play it safe?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
    I've been fighting with myself for a couple of days about this.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT quad-facepalm yourself. That really hurts.

What does it need? Maybe some folks could come up with parts and they could afford to let you pay them later, or slowly.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Here's the main list:

$038 - Water Pump (autozone)
      $114 - Head Stud Kit
      $046 - Timing Belt Kit
      $078 - Clutch Kit

Here's the "optional but I would really like to have" list.
      $250 - Exhaust
      $025 - Wheel Stud conversion
      $027 - Inner Tie Rods
      $021 - Outer Tie Rods
      $230 - Tires
      $025 - Wheel Spacers
      $150 - Intercooler Kit

I'm sure me and my friends here can ghetto-fab an exhaust to keep it somewhat quiet. And another friend is gonna try to get me a set of used tires for my car. The wheel spacers are odd right now because I have different suspension for the rear now. My tie rods are a little wore out but they will work for now. I have an intercooler from the Crapi but I wanted a better one, totally null material right now.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I vote for: just do the essentials, get it usable, do other stuff later.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

:protest:Buy another one... mine...:wink::angel12:
          The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
          89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Working...
          X