V8 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Swap

No not in a Festiva . I've been wanting to do a V8 project and I think I've came across the perfect car for it. I don't want a big car, but the componentts still need to fit. I was looking at my friends volvo 740 today, and I think its possible to achieve with my limited skills. What do you guys think? What other small'ish cars that are rwd would have enough hood room for a v8 without insane modification?
    Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

This is a quick clip of a Volvo station wagon with a Mustang 5.0L engine under the hood doing a burnout. And you thought station wagons were boring!

There are a few companies out there that make conversion kits.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Go find yourself an old, cheap, first-Gen Miata. Kits are available (bolt-in) for Chevy and Ford V8's.
      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
      Mark S.

Comment

^death machine, but i want one
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I WILL build a V8 Miata some day...no question about it. I'd also like to do a V8 Fiero too.

I have a friend right now doing a Volvo.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

An old Volvo Amazon (122) with a modern V8 would be sweet, I've always loved the styling of those. I think everything would have to be fabricated though, as I know of no kits.
            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
            Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
              Go find yourself an old, cheap, first-Gen Miata. Kits are available (bolt-in) for Chevy and Ford V8's.

That would be rediculous!!! How much do those cars weigh? 2500?
              Tyler

Comment

there was a guy with a ls1 twin turbo in a volvo... i lost the link when my comp crashed ill try and find it again

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^^I think i saw that one on youtube. Im not sure if Ill have the funds to do this...but im definatly gonna try
                  Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    there was a guy with a ls1 twin turbo in a volvo... i lost the link when my comp crashed ill try and find it again
                    the volvette
                    93-1.6l
                    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

I just looked up on google "ls1 twin turbo volvo" and the first thing is the Volvette. very cool! here's that link: http://www.streetfire.net/video/twin...-7-l_84833.htm
                      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

here is another amazing look at it....

This wagon outruns a 04' R1! The new 2008 Anti Team DVD features a complete documentary on the Volvette. It's a Twin Turbocharged LS1 V8 Volvo 740 Wagon. For...
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i know the guys that built the volvette. the "anti-team" lol. im friends with a few of them, but doug strickler, the owner, is honestly a tool.

there is an ls1 miata that showed up to the sonic meet two weeks ago. it was sick.

Comment

funny you posted that I just got done rewatching it 3 or 4 times. I don't like the guy on the r1's shifting...I dont want to threadjack buttt....just stating that I think he could have shifted much more efficiently and stayed a bit closer throughout the acceleration until top speed. cuz obviously that volvo can kick it!

edit>> just to attempt staying on topic with the OP>> Shagstiva, have you picked out a car yet? or narrowed your selection as to what you'd like to swap?
                            Last edited by walth; 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM.
                            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Fiero w/ a 3800 supercharged engine.... Not a V8 but will be faster than most V8 cars.
                              There is tons of info and you can buy fabbed engine mounts and the wiring harness already made. The engines are actually pretty cheap because they put them in all kinds of grandpa cars.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Working...
                              X