Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Festiva L CA title issues

Hello Everyone

I just got a Blue 92 Festiva L two weeks ago for $450.00, I know this site will really help me in a lot of ways, I was able to replace the valve cover gasket coz it was throwing up oil and smoke, now that the gasket is fixed the smoke was minimal and no more leaking oil, and also I have lien release form problems with this car,, so heres the story,

Iam the third owner of this car last tag is Sept 2009,, 1st owner is a Police officer from Suisun city, 2nd owner is Carl from oakland, the 2nd onner told me that he just lost the pink slip, so I went to DMV and verified that the last registered owner of this Vehicle was still the cop from suisin city, and was never registered to Carl the 2nd owner, now for this festiva to be under my name, DMV just want a lien satisfaction from Ford, now the only person that can do that is the Cop from suisin city. We cannot contact the first owner, and the Guy that I bought this from is not also answering phone calls, I already Paid $125 woth of fees to DMV, they just need the Lien satisfaction from Ford and this car will be under my name, we also contacted Ford and found out that theres no lien and they totally have no interest on this vehicle anymore.
    now Ford will only release the Lien satisfaction from if requested by the original owner.. and thats my problem,, any body know how can I get this issue fixed?? any other advice will be truly appreciated.

First off, Welcome Aboard!! You will find a lot of useful information here (as well as a lot of useless information too.)

I'm a little unclear as to why you would need a lien release from Ford. The car is 18 years old. Don't know for sure what to tell you, as your laws are probably a lot different than here in WV. Here the last person to legally own the car would have to produce a duplicate title to sign over to you. The other option would be a notarized bill of sale, by which the DMV can generate a title in your name. No idea what the deal would be in CA. Anybody more local to him have any suggestions?

Kind of worries me just a bit that the guy who sold you the car now seems to be hiding. Makes me wonder just how "legally" he owned the car. Hope it all works out for you. You will love your Festiva.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply,, I know for sure that the car is free of any lien or financial setbacks, Ford is willing to release the lien satisfaction to the request of the original owner, the last tags on the car was Sept 2009, what I have is a bill of sale from the 2nd owner and not the original owner which is legally the registered owner on the DMV. I hope everything works well coz Iam now a weekend junkyard goer for usable parts.
      again thanks a lot.

Comment

Can you take it to Nevada,get a title for it, then take the Nevada title for the car to California highway dept and re-register it? Nevada may be easier.
        1960 willys pickup
        1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
        1989 festiva
        1990 festiva for parts
        1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Thanks for that idea worfdog, I will take that into consideration and ask a few folks bout getting this festiva to nevada.

Tnx!

Comment

Lien satisfaction from Ford! That's a good joke. Do they know it's an 18 year old Festiva? I'm pretty sure Ford wouldn't give anyone an 18-year loan DMV employees are something else. But how did you buy a car that had expired plates without a bill of sale? And why did you pay the registration fees if you were not going to be able to register the car??
            I would go to the house of the guy who sold you the car and try to get your money back. I think it would be difficult to register the car otherwise.
            On second thought, do you know someone at a towing company? They can tow a car, report it, and then "sell" it to you with clean papers. You could do it that way. Worth the trouble? Not really. I would go get my money back.
            Oscar

Comment

One of the most important services of the AAA of Southern California is their DMV assistance. Join at the lowest level and go in to one of their offices and talk to someone there. They are a lot easier to deal with and there are no long lines.

Also, it might help you to have a Carfax for your car. Get one for less than $10 at http://cheapvincheck.com/.

In addition, if you need a permit to keep driving your car while waiting for this to be sorted out, they can provide that in minutes.

John Gunn
              Coronado, CA
              John Gunn
              Coronado, CA

Improving anything
              Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

I already have a permit which expires on May 28, 2010, the only thing that DMV needs is a lien satisfaction which is practically stupid for an old car, and Ford has no interest on this car , they can fax the certificate of no interest only to last regisrtered owner. hope the trouble stops there.. thanks a lot for the reply.

Comment

Thanks a lot for taking time out to reply, I will update everyone on the outcome of this ordeal..

Comment

92 Festiva CA title issues RESOLVED!!!

:pHello festiva lovers, I now officially own a Ford Festiva, after all the trouble with the title, I was able to convince Ford credit to mail the certificate of no Interest at no cost (use to be a $17.00 fee) I just told the lady that I walk everyday to work and really need a car badly, the lady at the opposite end of the phone crumbled, she bought my drama and I got the document in the mail a day later. the car is now under my name, I also paid fees for a new set of plates coz the front one was missing, im gonna get it tomorrow, this car is not perfect at this stage but I will do my best to keep him running as reliable as ever and of course with everyones help round this forum,,:p
                    sooo Happpy!!!

Comment

Good deal!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Great news!!! Glad it all worked out. A good lesson here in not buying a car with title problems, no matter how nice. When I go look at a car, I always check the title first against the VIN on the car, and that the person phydically holding the title in his/her hand is the actual owner. Then I look at the car.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Great! So welcome to the site & may the sickness continue.
                          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Nice! Good deal. Congrats! I think after all this trouble you will enjoy your car even more.
                            Oscar

Comment

nice
                              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X