popped a brakeline today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popped a brakeline today.

i was driving my grandfathers festy today and popped a brakeline , never had that happen before , the pedal went all the way to the floor. luckily the car is easy enough to drive i drove it 3 miles back home. glad there wasnt hevy traffic !
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

is there really any traffic in maine?

I never had one go while driving... knock on wood...
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
      is there really any traffic in maine?

I never had one go while driving... knock on wood...
      lunch time and around 4-5 there is mad traffic. i got lucky. but i found if i slammed the pedal all the way i got just enough braking that with downshifting and going slow i made it home safe. stupid ebrake doesnt work. guess i got some wrenching to do.
      05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

well you might as well as get enough to swap all the lines out... as soon as one goes, they tend to all want to go.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

That happened to me in '07 in CA....I was on the on ramp to the 91 going to Riverside from Corona, and the pedal went to the floor! There is never NOT any heavy traffic on the 91, but I went slow, stayed FAR behind the car in front of me, downshifted alot, and used the parking brake. Not fun, and not safe, but I got home in one peice.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Same thing here just a week or two ago, only lucky for me i was bleeding the brakes and not driving.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Just before winter on my way to work...I was doing about 60 when the last light before work turned yellow. I hit the brakes and POP....line blew and peddle went to the floor. I was still doing 55 and the light turned red. The emergency brake does not work in the car so I was not slowing at all. I was still doing about 50 when I got to the intersection. I hit the horn and flashed the lights. Luckily no one had really started moving and blew through the intersection. I am glad it was early in the morning and that no one was in front of me or things could of really got interesting.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                Same thing here just a week or two ago, only lucky for me i was bleeding the brakes and not driving.
                That still could have been really bad. Any amount of pressure behind some brake fluid+your eyes=not good.

And not many people wear safety glasses while doing that kind of work...

Comment

Yikes. You're lucky nothing bad happened to you. Might be a good time to check the other lines and see if any more are ready to blow...

-Tim
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                    That still could have been really bad. Any amount of pressure behind some brake fluid+your eyes=not good.

And not many people wear safety glasses while doing that kind of work...

It did bust about a foot and a half in front of my face as i was kind of under the front wheel bleeding and it busted right under the driver's seat. Lucky for me it sprayed straight down.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Working...
                    X