would a b6 sohc with fms race cam compair to a b6t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would a b6 sohc with fms race cam compair to a b6t

silv3rbull3t hit 14's with a b6 sohc and a 50 shot of nitrous ( check trhead) http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25747
    so how would a b6 sohc turbo charged with a fms race cam do? would it compare at all to a b6t?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

B6T has a much higher potential output for the average person vs the b6
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

the head flows much more and can make alot more power cause of it....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

You could build the NA motor up as much as possible, and all the turbo guy would need to do is add more boost and keep up with you, and do it probably at a lower RPM than you.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

how would the trany hold up to a sohc b6 with fms race cam turboed?
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Some 323 guys have turbod their sohcs and they say its not worth the effort. If you find a b6t and trans I can make you mounts.
            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

For concrete results, check out the thread for TominMO's B6 SOHC rear turbo that Eurotiva built. The FMS cam shouldn't make that much of a difference. Too much cam cam actually hurt a turbo application by killing cylinder pressure. I don't know the specs on the FMS cam, but it's pretty mild, so you should be O.K..

My guess would be similar to a healthy B8 or a weak BP.

The DOHC design works well with turbos because of superior head flow, plus with 16 valves, you don't need as much cam timing. Also, I believe the B6T (and even the B6D) are a much more robust short block with oil sprayed cooled pistons.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                silv3rbull3t hit 14's with a b6 sohc and a 50 shot of nitrous ( check trhead) http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25747
                so how would a b6 sohc turbo charged with a fms race cam do? would it compare at all to a b6t?
                yes, and that 50-shot cracked the upper rings. I know, I'm in possession of that particular engine. What was supposed to be a "drop-in" turned into a "rebuild". It also had a burned #2 exhaust valve, but I think that was due to a mis-matched #2 injector.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                  For concrete results, check out the thread for TominMO's B6 SOHC rear turbo that Eurotiva built. The FMS cam shouldn't make that much of a difference. Too much cam cam actually hurt a turbo application by killing cylinder pressure. I don't know the specs on the FMS cam, but it's pretty mild, so you should be O.K..

My guess would be similar to a healthy B8 or a weak BP.

The DOHC design works well with turbos because of superior head flow, plus with 16 valves, you don't need as much cam timing. Also, I believe the B6T (and even the B6D) are a much more robust short block with oil sprayed cooled pistons.
                  My B6-GRT (for Greg's Rear Turbo) makes 111 HP at the wheels; about twice stock (the advertised stock HP of 63 is at the crank). This is better than Casper's 108 wheel HP, and he has a BP motor.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                  X