Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this????????????

thanks

I believe it's a Toyota......ugly, but they are getting quite the following.

Don

Comment

Its a scion Xb, basically a toyota, yes and ugly yes, and slow yes
      The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
      1988 LX ~sold~
      1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
      2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
      1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
      2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

They are pimping those out around here like mad.. But they're still slow and ugly IMO.

Comment

Toyota pulled the Echo out pf the US cause it wasn't selling and offer this instead??

Same 1.5L engine, about 300-400 lbs heavier, crappier mileage and more expensive.

Oh and ugly too... glad I don't get to see these around here
          I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

I like the xB :-/

one was going to be my Aspire's successor, until I decided to piss away my car money on Aspire repairs and pimpings instead.

Comment

I like the xB but my girlfriend has a xA.

Scion is actually its own brand. Just like Lexus. They have Toyota parts, are made by Toyota, sold at Toyota dealerships, and are called the Toyota BB and ist in Japan. But they're a "different" brand. Just think of what GM does with all their trucks, cars, and SUV's. Silverado is the Sierra. Caviler was the Sunfire. This is the same thing.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

yup, pretty much. Now that I teach Toyota, I get some of this info. The xA and xB are rebadged JDM Toyotas, while the tC was developed specifically for the US market, designed at Toyota's California design studio. Toyota pulled the Echo from the US market due to miserable sales, and it was indirectly competing with Prius. However, they are introducing a new subcompact this year, the Yaris. I get to go to Cali this spring and drive all their new '06 vehicles. I'll let ya'll know I think.
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew
                  I like the xB :-/

one was going to be my Aspire's successor, until I decided to piss away my car money on Aspire repairs and pimpings instead.
                  Money well spent.

The Scions x-whatevers look like shoeboxes on wheels, in my opinion.

Regards,

Tim
                  White '89L auto - Sold!
                  Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

:lol:
                    we drive festiva's cause they look so cool???
                    I saw one of these on my last holiday and it had 20 inch wheels and was painted a funky orange color .
                    looked cool.
                    the inside looks a little cheap but thats just what i saw in pics .
                    i have a focus i drive on the highway and find it a bit small campared to my festiva so i am looking at options.
                    as far as vans this one just stands out a little more that the others.

later

shayne

Comment

xB.. so ugly not even I find it appealing.
                      "Nothing's gonna grieve us
                      When we drive Festivas
                      I could go a hundred miles an hour
                      Long as I got the Almighty Power
                      With my plastic Jesus
                      Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

I LOVE EM

I love XB'x I planned on getting one for my year round vehichle once my stiva is only for main months, now that Im comtiplating moving to arizona, and I have no money:-) I think I wont get one, but still they are sexy,

you should see the dash in them, its really cool.

Logan

Comment

If I really wanted

BO
                          XY

I'd go with an old Int'l Scout or Bronco. Old I said! OLD!! Maybe early seventies.

Nothing in it but steel with some rubber floor mats.

Custom?

I'd waterproof the entire interior, including the instruments and controls so I could wash the interior just like the exterior! There'd be LEDs everywhere. Maybe even some of the exterior lights.

There'd be an old school coplight on the driver's A pillar, but with some state of the art Luxeon megawatt LEDs (probably not invented yet--I TOLD you it was "state of the art").

I'd go on but I'm getting too excited. :shaking2:

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

stop it, Karl! You're making me want my first car (truck) back. Somedays I really do miss my OLD Bronco. I had a '69, 302 4v, 3 on the tree, manual sterring (18inch wheel), manual 4 wheel drum brakes, duals turned out just ahead of the back wheels, 2inch susp lift, 33x12.5 Dick Cepeks on Nugget wheels, FACTORY roll bar, FACTORY rear seat, FACTORY AM radio, Bestop canvas top & stock steel roof, ELECTRIC wipers (instead of vacuum), and enough rot to make a '78 Nova parked next to a chlorinated pool for 15 years look virgin.... I had a floormat glued to a piece of sheetmetal for a floor... The metal wasn't attched to the truck... great beer can ejector.... synchos were gone out of the trans, had to double clutch every shift up and down.... track bar bushings were shot... it would dart onto the shoulder during hard accel and into oncoming traffic during hard braking.... burned oil like Fester was on a diet... damn, I miss that truck!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                            X