...And this one is JUST RIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And this one is JUST RIGHT!

As some of you know, our daughter Emily is working with my hubby Chuck on her car, currently code-named "The Batmobile" (because when we got it home, there was a Batman action figure stuck in the grill below the windshield).

Emily took this as a "sign" that she should name her car "The Batmobile". Her friends have been clamoring to see the car, but due to a recent round of some hideous virus, plus dealing with my Mom's health problems, and then - of all things - the compressor in the garage breaking down, Em and Chuck have fallen behind on the car; luckily Chuck was able to get the compressor fixed, and they were able to start sanding again, so...

Up at the High School, there is a maroon beat-to-pieces L that is parked out by the street every day. We aren't sure who it belongs to, but the other day, Em and her friends were out riding around. Now, you need to know that Emily is (by comparison to her parents) rather petite in stature. In fact, so much so that she has a hard time driving my Freestar; she can't get the seat high enough, and still be able to touch the pedals. So, to get back to our story; she and her friends are goofing around. They were teasing her about her "invisible car" that no one has seen yet. She was pointing out a big ol' hopped-up truck "That one is TOO TALL!", a SmartCar "That one is TOO SMALL!" and then as they drove past the maroon beater, she said "...And this one is JUST RIGHT!" LOL

After they realized that she was serious, they all agreed that her Festy will, indeed, be "just right" for her! (If I remember right, one of the kids said "Oh! It's perfect for you! A little car for a little person! ) Now the boys are all eager to "help" paint the car; they think it's cool that she and her Daddy are building her car together! And an added bonus: They now all think that all Festys are COOL, and are constantly on the lookout for them!

Yep, that's us. Converting the impressionable youth of Northeastern Oklahoma to the joys of Festivas, every chance we get!

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

The rumors are true: Zippy was born in our garage!

Currently living at The Tightwad Garage:
    *Red '89 L (Lucy) (Parked: needs TLC)
    *Blue '92 GL (Ethel) (Runs! Go, Ethel, Go!) ,
    *Silver '90 L+ ATX (codename: The Batmobile) our daughter's first car! (nearly roadworthy - watch out world!)

How inspiring!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

It's good to see kids interested in older cars. Most kids read Car and Driver, or other mags and want the newest and fastest thing out at the time. Hope her and Chuck can get it done soon. Thank you for the inspirational story. I need to finish wet sanding mine today, I will think of ya'll.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
      X