just put some new skin on my festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just put some new skin on my festiva

my friends and i used to race a 10th mile oval we burned into his field and would buy 200 dollar cars and have full contact races. super fun and we got paid to have lots of fun because we would then scrap the cars out for 300 bucks. win-win situation.
    now, i have participated in the dumball rally and it was time to step it up. last year i did a 1987 'chevy' nova. but the dream was always an A-Team Festiva. for years, about 6 now. last year before i even got the nova, i was bugging my friend's neighbor to buy her festy but she resisted. the thing was smashed from the front all the way down the passenger side with medium dog sized dents in the fender and rear 1/4 panel. the car has sat over a year and now i own it.
    tuesday i picked up the door, fender, and passenger signal cover. put it all on last night and it fits so well. same color, even the same northwest oxidization and mold. i got a wild hair and pulled the inner panel to see if i could push the 1/4 panel out and bingo!! two access holes. no need for the slide hammer or any of the hand dollies. back to the good old 2x4 just to massage the metal as close as i could get. now, it'll only take a half can of bondo!
    the poor little car looks so much better.
    thanks for being a cool and supportive group.
    gonna rock the festiva to jackson hole and back to pdx on the dumball 2010.
    Last edited by ghosthunter242; 04-15-2010, 10:22 PM.

oxidation

i woke up this morning in a mild panic because i started thinking i might have made up a word. i typed oxydization and meant oxidation.
    but the car looks so much better she came outside last night and asked what i had done. for one she does not notice or care usually. but the match was so good it was only obvious the mangled parts were fixed.

now it is time to pull the panel and swap the locks...window felt, and panels
    these cars are awesome to put together.

Comment

cool bro and good luck with dumball 2010...lol

Comment

Ghunter wrote:

"...medium dog sized dents..."

Ha! Good description. I think.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

^that one made me lol too.

Comment

i would post pics of the before, but i don't have them in a url right now...?!
            i guess i need to post them somewhere else to post them here....
            it'll take time. you'll understand the dog sized dents when you see the pics.
            Last edited by ghosthunter242; 04-16-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

holy?!?! thats a pretty big dent but it just looks like just the fender would need reaplaced

Comment

Nice! I dig your medium dog-sized dent.

Comment

wow thats a dent lol its like someone rammed into like a deer or a bull
                  FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

to my knowledge the car was victim to at least one suburban attack.
                    possibly two seperate suburban attacks.
                    7 bucks of generic bondo and a 99 cent can of spray paint applied. from 10 feet it looks great. pics to come soon. after a touch up with glazing putty and the rest of the 20 cents worth of paint left in the can. i can not wait to drive it bac kto the lady i got it from and see her face when she sees what the car looks like again.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthunter242 View Post
                      to my knowledge the car was victim to at least one suburban attack.
                      possibly two seperate suburban attacks.
                      Now that's funny. But I have two Suburbans in my driveway and they have never attacked my Festy's.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Whoa, that's some medium sized dog dent there. Was it a circus dog shot from a cannon?

Looks like a fender and corner light, and you're back in business.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

just for the record, I've been dreaming of an A-Team Festiva for several years now...
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

a team

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                            just for the record, I've been dreaming of an A-Team Festiva for several years now...
                            i am sure it has been done or will be done now, but i will do it if not this year just for pics, next year for the dumball.

Comment

second small tub of bondo and the rest of the 99 cent spray paint..had some primer from the charger, and here is the end result. no dog sized dents.

before

not perfect by a long shot, but not embarassing for the passenger any more
                              Last edited by ghosthunter242; 04-17-2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X