Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Festiva Motor Sports.com? Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Festiva Motor Sports.com? Etc.

I was thinking of some future modifications to my '91 Festiva L and tried to find [http://www.festivamotorsports.com] and found their domain name is for sale. Being as I'd been holding these plans as cherished this seems a big disappointment; though probably miniscule compared to many at this website, if the firm is actually history now.

Anyway, can anyone illuminate me on both the situation with FMS.com as well as where Festiva custom after-market parts might be available now? Or stock Festiva parts as well since I'd expected FMS.com to be my source for many of those as well as their selection of custom things.

The car already has a set of FMS.com's "racing/lowering" springs that are great along with 13" rims and KYB shock/struts. My list of things had included FMS.com's balanced fuel injectors, headers, and their milder of two custom cam shafts. And also plenty of stock Festiva parts, particularly for my car's suspension while doing the Aspire upgrade I'm inching closer to being able to finish.

These days with my car past 170,000 miles in excellent running condition I've had since 85,000 miles which is my only car and of course "daily driver" I'm trying to seriously approach getting the thing in shape for a couple hundred thousand more miles.

I've already done the Auto Rx treatment for instance and use an oil filter which filters down to particles a micron in size versus the 20-30 microns of standard spin-on filters, which has been on the car since my purchase as second owner.

My plan now is to change the oil pump with the next timing belt change and also the crank and cam seals since I'm using oil and there seems to be lots of leakage in that area. The plugs are always in excellent condition so no oil is being burnt.

My oil pump shows no signs of any problems, but as getting to that area is a pain in the butt for me I figure I might as well install a new one to be on the safe side. I'd also like to stash a new alternator as likely those are going to be harder and harder to find?

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's time; though am starting this thread as the "search" function has always confused me. I'm sure the topic of FMS.com has been and/or is a hot one here.
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Try this link

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Great news!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
      Wow, I'd nearly had a heart attack! Dumb me. I think I'd made the mistake before, but had always caught myself. The notice of the other site being for sale is what fooled me.

Well, all that remains is to save money and get dirty and greasy. Very appreciative!

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

FMS "balanced injectors" no longer available?

Hey, I was wondering what became of the "balanced fuel injectors" FMS used to sell which are no longer listed at the web site?

I'd always planned on getting a set to replace my stock ones; since I figure these wear out over time. Now with 170,000 plus miles this seems as good a time as any to get serious with this plan. If FMS no longer sells them, does anyone else?

Comment

your best bet is to grab 2 sets from a junkyard and send them (8 total) out to be ballanced/flowed. i say grab 2 sets just in case you have a few dead ones. and it's cheaper this way anyway, you can keep your car on the road while you wait for the "new" set to come back, AND once you swap in the "new" ones in, you can have to "old" set sent out and then sell them.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Smart Arnie.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
              Well, all that remains is to save money and get dirty and greasy. Very appreciative!
              "Just Do it" !!
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                Smart Arnie.
                Sorry Artie. I'm a 'tard.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

See everyone likes "Arnie" better!
                  I've said it before just change your name.
                  Last edited by Pu241; 04-19-2010, 06:05 AM.
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Search for Festivamotorsport on eBay as well Roger regularly has six to twelve items for sale there

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                      See everyone likes "Arnie" better!
                      I would agree!

Comment

Lol, sorry Arty.

Comment

Nearly eleven years with my Festiva

Hey; just thinking I've had my '91 Festiva since June of '99. Great car!

I thought up getting '87 Mazda 323 13" rims long before discovery of this website or that these cars were so popular, with such a dedicated cadre of Festiva drivers/owners; which with the rear springs from FMS made a revolutionary change in the car's handling, riding and drivability.

I later installed the FMS front springs too, which over time I've gotten to like where I no longer miss the more cushy ride of the stock springs...though wish I could figure out how to use snow chains now. I'm convinced I'll need to get a pair of studded or similar snow tires, is all.

Even before those springs; the effects of the 13" rims was sensational.

Well, from 85,000 to 173,000; where I still get 40 mpg-when I don't have to "keep up" with 70+ mph freeway traffic, and even then around 35 mpg.

I try to use my ten-speed bike getting around town, for the exercise as well as the environment and personal economy; but, as with earlier this month, taking the Festiva out for a long road trip is really great! I unbolt the rear seat and put that in diagonally, and can stretch out and sleep comfortably; and am also set-up took cook reasonably well as I travel, with a small Coleman white gas stove...many are the times now my spare can of Coleman's fuel has saved me from hitchhiking, running out of gas!

This month I drove to Arcata, CA for their International Folk Dance Club Festival April 9th-11th [http://www.arcatafolkdancefestival.org/] and also visited a Berkeley friend afterwards. About a two thousand mile round trip.

I think my lowest gas mileage figure was getting over to the coast from I-5 via Redding, which dropped to around 35 mpg; but, usually on the freeways I was near or over 39 mpg, even though always over 65 mph and sometimes even 70 mph in urban areas.

I have a new set of KUMOTO 155R13 tires, and have found multiplying the odometer readings by 1.02 gives the most accurate mileage; I used to multiply times 1.03 with a set of similar TOYOS.

Comment

^ Nice !! Thats the kind of festiva stories I love to hear. Great car indeed.
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                              Lol, sorry Arty.
                              lol no problems, i only give John a ration for it just because i can (and he usually deserves it :p )
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X