Interesting Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Poll

Ok guys i know this isnt as special to some of you but to me its amazing that i am finally done with my B6 engine and i am going to swap it this weekend. I wanted to get a poll from all festiva owners stock engine and others what is the average mpg you get with you festiva. Please state you engine any upgrades and mpg so i can get an accurate estimate of mpg i can get and i would just like to see how every one elses engines do on gas. Im keeping both engines so i will swap back and forth but i havent put this one in yet so its a make or brake kinda thing this weekend. Thanks ahead of time guys!!
    Parker

I have a completely stock B3.
    1991 4 speed FI.
    I usually get 39-43 MPG depends on how I drive. This is with about 175 miles interstate speeds and another 175 in town.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Still running stock b3 FI, and am having cold weather issues (O2 sensor maybe, only happens when car is cold), but I'm getting anywhere from 30-35 with an automatic.

I understand that that's a bit low.. some are getting closer to 45.
      Carz:
      '09 Ford F-150
      '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
      '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
      225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
      ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

See the fuelly thing in my signature below!
        Last edited by fastivaca; 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

ya my car is stock 1993 b3 and i get 45 mpg average shifting correctly in town. I didnt write down my millage but on a trip i took from panama city florida to charlotte north carolina and back i only filled my tank up 4 times the whole trip. I want to keep this gas millage but i want some giddyup under the hood. Does anyone have the gas millage for festivas with engine swaps using a mazda BP?

Btw i got this car from an 80 year old lady who was very nice who has had it since factory and it is still in factory condition and as the ggas millage shows runs even better and it has 275,459 miles on it right now.
          Last edited by NeptuneZeek; 04-18-2010, 10:18 PM.
          Parker

Comment

For a BP you can expect in the mid-30s or so.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Stock B3 with 4 speed and carb - 40 mpg
              ~Jeff
              1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
              1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
              2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Mine stock averaged 42 MPG with me driving "aggressively". Since I swapped in an Aspire trans, I now average around 39 MPG.
                Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

My stock B3 Auto trans, 35 MPG mixed driving.
                  '90 LX

Comment

I averaged 47 to 48 with my B3 5sp.

Bout to top it off just to see what the b6t is getting. Its gonna be low...lol
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I now have a festiva in my posession! Its a rolling health code violation with all the mold and crap in it so everything that's not metal is pretty much getting tossed. I already have a b8-me. I should be able to hit 40mpg with the aspire tranny. I Imagine Ill be able to lug it and skip shift a lil more than a b3 powered car. On the highway it's going to drink more but keeping the rpms down and drafting the tractor trailers helps.

Swapping a b6 back for a b3 for just mpg's isnt a good idea. Some members report the same mileage with those two engines, my belief is the city mileage can actually increase.
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

31.7 first fillup with the b6t, only a 4 gallon fill and I was beating on the thing the whole time.
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

My b3 when stock- between 42-44
                          b3 with cai, free flowing exh, msd box- 46
                          The absolute worst I ever got with that b3 was 35

Stock bp in festiva- 32-34
                          bp turbocharged, straight 2.5" exh, stock injectors, msd box- 28-30

Comment

Well from what getnpsi is saying i will have a stock festiva engine for sale if anyone wants it. It is completely clean and i just put a new gasket kit on it and an oil change so if anyone wants it ill start at 300+ if that sounds correct because i paid 280 at a pick and pull for the B6 and it was pretty bad off before i restored it so i think 300 would be reasonable for the great shape this engine is in. anyone who wants to buy it give me an email at neptunzeek@yahoo.com for more details. Ill be moving to north carolina in a few weeks so i can deliver it to who ever wants it if your on the way from florida.
                            Parker

Comment

Working...
                            X