Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on the summer heat!

Cause I'll be ready and cruisin' cool!

I had a good day at the j-yard today and got a majority of an a/c setup for my car. I got the evap and box, condensor, an assortment of idler pulleys and brackets from different cars, the harness and relays. Just need a few hoses, receiver/drier, and compressor and a few other odds n ends. I won't have any clearance issues with the manifold, turbo or downpipe luckily. I will, however need to run new cold side piping to the intercooler and move my rad fan to the rear of the radiator to make room for the condenser, easy fix. I can't wait to get it installed.

I think the condenser fan is going to sound like a little turbo spooling when its on cause it makes a noise when its spun by hand. Great.

Who else here has installed ac on a non-ac car and is it factory or non factory air. I know from what I have seen that they have a different harness, condenser and compressor. Factory air (correct me if I'm wrong, for I am just now getting into stiva ac and know little about its variations) has 3 relays on the frame rail behind the radiator and one pressure switch by the passenger strut tower. Non-fact. air has 2 relays by the passenger fender and the pressure switch on the receiver/drier. Everything inside the car looks to be the same.

I also picked up a 323 and 929 throttle cable. the 929 has a nice bend on it where it comes through the firewall so it should work out nice with the bp tb orientation. I snagged the 929's cold start injector while I was in there too.
    I got an aspire mc and prop valve and a prop valve from a 323 to be used with an egt mc. Aspire master cylinders say 13/16" on them and egt ones say 7/8" so I guess I'll go ahead with the egt one. The egt one also has a nipple off the side of the reservoir for the clutch master so I can get rid of my separate clutch reservoir I have now.

Cool. Let me know if you need anything.I have a few a/c pieces. Comp bracket, Tensioner.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

greg, REAL race cars dont have A/C.... maby thats why you cant get that 12sec pass..... lol jk

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

The ac crap puts a little more weight over the front, more traction. Haha. I'll weight all the ac parts when I get the compressor and hoses, cant be more than 40lbs. But yeah, real race cars dont have air. Its just a festiva. It will be more comfortable with ac since its my dd.

Comment

or you could move to canada... no ac needed lol...

when your a cool as i am, you dont need ac 8)

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Ive got some A/C stuff if you need it.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Do you have any hoses or a receiver/drier? the only line i have is the skinny one that runs along the passenger side.

Comment

Yeah, I've got all kinds of stuff, just want to make sure its what you need. Want pics ?
                sigpic

Comment

Sure that would be awesome.

Comment

I'll try and get them tomorrow, if I forget, please remind me. Im an airhead lately ! Might need to dye my hair blonde.
                    sigpic

Comment

Didn't get the upgraded blower motor?
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

^I was unaware of that. Thanks for the info! I was thinking it would kill airflow with a evaporator core crammed in there too.

Comment

I think I still have all of my ac stuff somewhere ill have to check.
                          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

your pics are almost exactly like the ones I took last year, only I was ripping the A/C out, not putting it in! lol
                            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                            Mark S.

Comment

Race Car + A/C = WIN
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X