What goes into a primo Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes into a primo Festiva?

Just wondering because I've seen numerous articles now talking about putting in the Aspire swap and BP/B6 engines and am starting to think down the road with what I'd like to do to Farmstiva.

Things I'm wondering about are things like:

HID/non HID?
    Smooth tailights vs ribbed?
    12's? 13's? 14's even?
    Clock/no clock?
    Stock vs non-stock seats?
    Third light mods?

Just wondering what are the most desired goodies to throw into a Festiva?
    Carz:
    '09 Ford F-150
    '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
    '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
    225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
    ...and definitely more soon..

Mud flaps, fun top/sunroof, console, a/c, power windows

AS far as what you have up there:
    HID/non HID? ====================Just dont blind others
    Smooth tailights vs ribbed? ==========Any of the non north american tails euro/korean
    12's? 13's? 14's even? ==============A nice 13 or 14 incher.
    Clock/no clock? ==================Doesn't almost every aftermarket radio have one
    Stock vs non-stock seats? ==========What ever feels better
    Third light mods? =================Like what? adding a strip of LED's in the spoiler?
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
      Third light mods? =================Like what? adding a strip of LED's in the spoiler?
      That would be exactly about right.. yup..
      Carz:
      '09 Ford F-150
      '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL

Comment

Do what ever makes you happy,there are no concrete rules,enjoy your ride customized by you and of course pictures for us.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I'd say "primo" depends on what job you want your Festiva to perform as well as your own tastes, etc. For example, I do like all the expensive foreign "different" parts but since I only have liability insurance and "fender benders happen," I'd hate to put out a few hundred for a Pride or 121 grille and headlight conversion only to have it all bashed to pieces. With stock parts, if I don't have them already it's just another trip to the 'yard and under $100 to fix most any damage done. Same with expensive tails, though I do have three sets of smoothies I don't mind using. They will get rarer but they're not that rare and I do like the look.

Just depends on what you want, how much money you have and what you're willing to risk I guess. But to me it goes beyond initial cost to potential risk in the future.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

just make a goal for yourself. like ive seen people on here go all out and ive senn some that set a certain price range and try and spend under a certian amount. thats the fun part about cars, it describes who you are and what you can do. just make it yours and unique!!

Comment

Just turbo it. The rest is just creature comforts.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

This is what I want on my car.

B6T, G-series tranny, and enough mod's to get about 200hp
                Aspire swap with Kyb struts, cut springs, drilled rotors
                FMS ATH Front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper, plus a carbon fiber or fiberglass hood and stock festiva spoiler
                Painted metallic white with black window pillars, semi-shaved hatch
                black base, white bodied swoopie mirrors
                14" 5spoke rims
                funtop
                DJ grille
                tinted smoothie taillights, or if lucky tinted euro tails
                tinted side windows of course, and back
                black racing seats, 4point harness
                black carpet
                2 1/4" exhaust, split right after the rear axle beam for dual exhaust

and i'm sure there is more, just not thinking of it right now lol
                Last edited by 91blufestiva; 04-18-2010, 09:08 AM.
                -Josh R

Comment

I want this turbo on my next festiva

But I think I'm gonna trade my festiva for this............................................

Last edited by eurotiva; 04-18-2010, 09:23 AM.
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'd pimp that janky ol' jalopy fo sho!

Comment

Ah, now see the reason that I'm asking is that I'm still new at this and don't know what all you can add onto the Festiva. I've got a few things left to just fix, and after that, it's tweaking and playing. So by asking, I'm trying to get an idea of what's out there.

I knew that there was a/c out there, but didn't know there was turbo. I've seen the writeup by DJ on the grill, but am not sure what there difference is between the NA taillights and the EU/Korean ones are. Think I've seen a split rear seat that fits as well, but am not sure if that was a stock option or a refit.

So all that is why I'm asking.. it'll give me an idea of what to search for in the threads so I can look and try and that and make decisions.

I do know I'd like to find a tach'ed dash now after searching the threads, but don't care much for the placement of the gas gauge and such on the bottom of the panel. So that has me thinking early Honda digital dash (although I've not seen a picture of what will fit in our cars or how they look). See?
                      Carz:
                      '09 Ford F-150
                      '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                        But I think I'm gonna trade my festiva for this............................................

Put some taller tires on it and you could park the Festiva under it... a decorative carport!!
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

HID/non HID?...................... either as long as they're properly aimed
                          Smooth tailights vs ribbed?.... smooth euro or asian style
                          12's? 13's? 14's even?........... 13's or 14's
                          Clock/no clock?................... Clock, then your head unit can display music info rather than time
                          Stock vs non-stock seats?..... find something comfy. I put Toyota MR2 seats in mine
                          Third light mods?................. I've got an aftermarket LED third brake light mounted high and inside. I should get photos of it.

Just my two cents worth... make the car your own, do something different, do something personal. Enjoy!
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

[QUOTE=eurotiva;327209]I want this turbo on my next festiva

QUOTE]

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by darrenryall View Post
                              but am not sure what there difference is between the NA taillights and the EU/Korean ones are.
                              Korean with innie ribs

European smoothies

USDM smoothies

USDM ribbed

available here due to UV bleaching of the yellow
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                              X