Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boredom & something broken...

NOT a good combination.

dont get the wrong idea here, this will be replaced, i wouldnt trust this rig with the job of holding ANYTHING... but i was bored today and this is what happened.. lol. i've been in the south way too long, time to move back north where i belong haha

on a similar note, did you know that ford can't find these new ANY WHERE? i had a dealership call around and he couldn't find jack.. he told me to go to a junkyard and get them used
    Last edited by MTec007; 04-19-2010, 03:56 PM.

Well, if the one bolt wasn't so close to the edge, i would say it's probably just as stong as 20 year old stitching.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

its not really close to the edge but it does look that way because of the bolt heads and washers. the bolt itself is in a good place methinks

Comment

Well considering the chances of walking away from a bad wreck in a Festiva...i don't think it's gonna really matter...lol. I'd wear it...either way it's really just an illusion of safety.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

good point.

Comment

Anything is stronger than the stitching in our seatbelts, especially the fronts. They are so prone to dryrotting since they park up at the a-pillar and bake in the sun all day. I was involved in a bad head-on collision in my first car and my shoulder belt stitching ripped apart, sending my face into the steering wheel and ripping half my mouth apart. I will never use stock festiva belts again. I think everyone should at least get their belts redone at a trim shop (re-stitched by someone who knows what they are doing)
            Last edited by resuwrecked; 04-19-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
              Well considering the chances of walking away from a bad wreck in a Festiva...i don't think it's gonna really matter...lol. I'd wear it...either way it's really just an illusion of safety.
              I walked away from a very bad wreck, but with blood gushing. If it was not for my lap belt, I'm honestly not sure if I would be typing this.

Comment

where can i get a full round of good seat belts? i had no idea they where not good. i knew the festivas would crumple very easily though

Comment

Nahhhh...I hammer ,pair of channel locks and more black paint and that is VERY fixable
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

buckled roof and the firewall was very very very much caved it from the engine. I was amazed that all it did was break the exh cam gear and bend the water pump pulley. ANYWAY, I apologize for the hijack..

Comment

no, seriously where can i get better belts? i dont know the compatibility of seat belts or which ones are worth getting

Comment

I would try 90's mazda cars for a new bolt in rear female buckle part, or search the junkyards for festivas and put together a set of the best belts you can find. Try to rip apart the stitching by hand and if it seems good then get it. I'm really not sure what interchanges with our cars as far as belts, never really looked.

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                          no, seriously where can i get better belts? i dont know the compatibility of seat belts or which ones are worth getting
                          For those rear ones I would think lots of cars would work, it just the Female part and one bolt into the floor.
                          '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                            I want those tires.
                            -Josh R

Comment

205/60/13 on aspire wheels. After the wreck I put them back on my '85 rx7, they were sold with the car. I miss them.

Comment

Working...
                              X