Crossed 275K, today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossed 275K, today...

Crossed the 275,000-mile mark, today. Still getting 40MPG, and still loving my 'steevaah (Australian accent).

When I purchased this car, it had 75,000 miles on it.

That was in June, 2005!

Best car I've ever had.:p

Cheers,

Scott
    Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

200k in 5 years ? damn dude. congrats.
    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

congrats, and I love your avatar.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

That's awesome!
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

How do you get 40mpg? Mine is averaging 30-32. Am i just screwed being carbed?

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
            Yes.

Carbs are less efficient than MPFI, and you have a 4-speed (or auto?). And of course the right foot matters a lot.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              Yes.

Carbs are less efficient than MPFI, and you have a 4-speed (or auto?). And of course the right foot matters a lot.
              Nope. I've seen 3 carbed festivas get 48-49 loaded with the ac on.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Evil D View Post
                I had one carby that got 29 in town run hard but it was fast. It seems like carbed ones are either fast or get good mpg.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

juryrigger007! Congrats! 300,000 is in your sights now! It would be fun to contact the seller and let them know what they gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                    Nope. I've seen 3 carbed festivas get 48-49 loaded with the ac on.
                    Well I replaced my 4-speed with a 5-speed, replaced the 12" tires with some 14" tires and I bumped up to 38mpg and that is the best I have gotten so far. I haven't did a tune up or anything yet, so I may be able to do better.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                    X