Hey..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey..

Hey everyone, been a while since i ive been here but i dont wanna end up outta the loop on here, so i decided to check back in even though im not a proud festi owner now lol, i seen "fun with dick and Jane" monday night, with jim carrey in it, brought back some memories of sliding the festiva around in the rain

HEY back!

When that movie comes out in the cheap seats I'll probably go see it.

Welcome back to the loop.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah, when I saw it last week, and that part came on when he bought the Festiva, I was like " YYEAAH!". The rest of the theater was awkwardly silent. I felt a little dork-ish. I had to immediately explain to the people I was with (with camera phone pics) that, seriously- that's what I drive, only "oranger". And then that one shot of dude's big house with the tiny festiva parked out front- just hilarious. I didn't realize how tiny my car was.
      '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

Comment

Originally posted by seanpaintsflames
        I didn't realize how tiny my car was.
        You must not park next to Cadillac Escalators or other huge cars very often...

When I went to see the movie with about 30 (yes, 30) friends, we all cheered whenever the Festiva came on screen!!!

Regards,

Tim
        White '89L auto - Sold!
        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

OMG you guys are too funny you are crackin me up
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

No, I don't recall actually taking notice when I park next to big SUVs.

On that note, though- yesterday morning I pulled up to a stoplight next to a vintage mini cooper, and for once, my car felt big.

(Then the guy thought "hey, another little car- I'm gonna race it!")

I smoked him hard. What a silly old man.
            '89 L! -shaved, lowered, 17's, and two 10"subs. B6swap. Candy tangerine, flamed, painted carbon look hood/stripes. AND the roof glows in the dark... That was a dumb idea.

Comment

Careful, there's a company putting in 150+ hp Honda engines in those old Minis!

Just think, for just about the same price, MINI owners could have a REAL Mini with MORE hp. What a shame!

Classic Mini = smaller size and less weight than a Festiva

"New MINI" = larger size intended to "evoke smallness" and a weight up there with Dodge Aries station wagons! (2500 pounds plus)

Karl

Comment

Here is a place that sells VTEC mini's, 195 HP with option up to 250HP, 1600 lbs

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
                BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
                BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
                New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Tire smoke generator hey!

Comment

Yep, that's the site I recall looking at and drooling over.

Sad, so sad, that someone would spend good money on a "new MINI" or "new Beetle." They forsake the spirit of the originals for cretin comforts and status symbolism.

Look at these modded Minis and you don't even have to give up your A/C or interior goodies. Build it the way you want it. Let the money flow like a waterfall!

The problem is there are few status seekers on the roads who would appreciate what you have with the Real Thing.

"Oh, that's one of those originals, huh? How small! Too cramped for me! And it doesn't even come with an Exclusive Executive Platinum Gold Package!"

They'd recognize a company affiliated with BMW, though!

"Yes! The new MINI! How hip and trendy! I'd like one of those to go with my new BMW 973tII Elite with its groundbreaking Digital Power Hood Release!"

Bleccchhhhh!! :wink:

Karl

Comment

A couple years ago I almost bought an original mini! If I can find one at a decent price I'd buy it, preferably right hand drive! There is a place not far from me that imports them, they let me test drive a couple.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

WHERE, BRIAN, WHERE?

Is it in "eastern" Ohio, by any chance?

Uh, nevermind. I used Yahoomaps and you're not that far from Tallmadge.

Thinkingly,

Karl

Comment

Real close to Summit Racing!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Okay, 4.3 miles away from Summit, according to yahoo.

Due WEST.

Karl

Comment

and for anyone in the NYC region, "Manhattan Minis"... and they have right-handers....
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X