Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 trans ratios?

Hi gang,

Been a while since I've dropped by here. I'm still on my quest to find out about other E-series transmissions. I think the one I'm after was used in 1.5 16 valve Festivas in at least Australia. May be some Kia Avellas out there with it too. I can't find very much info. I'm thinking about buying the Haynes manual for the Australian cars, anyone know if it has any information on transmission ratios? Over the years I have found mentions of a closer ratio box (similar ratios to a F or G series trans), and of 4.16 final drives. I have also found a website that shows an Autralian Festiva may require 22, 24, or 26 spline inner CV joints for a manual car. I know Festiva E-series used 22 (and the auto used 24). It really looks like there is something else out there, I just can't find a good resource.

(I'm stuck using the E-series for my SCCA HP car. I can use any trans (with a weight penalty) but I can't move the engine forward, so an F or G swap is out.)

(I'm also still pursuing a real limited slip. I think an F-series diff (Quaife makes one) would fit with auto halfshafts. This project would cost A LOT more, so it's even more back burner....)
    Last edited by tderonne; 04-21-2010, 10:55 AM.

Hi Tim,

Don't have an answer to your question but I just wanted to say hi! Nice to hear from you again!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

You can make the f or g series be in the same spot. I used the stock festy front mount as a guide to place my high durometer mount.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
      X