Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festiva and Aspire compared to Geo Metro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva and Aspire compared to Geo Metro?

Was just wondering how is the Geo Metro compared to the Festiva and Aspire? Is it as good as them or?

honestly, i can't say they're quite as reliable. not to say that they aren't compaired to other cars, but against a festy, not so much. that and early metros were prone to STRUCTURAL rot in the front lower arms (not safe). the second gen bubbles don't seem to suffer as badly as the first 3 iterations (my experiance). i've seen several issues with the EGR system and TBI system. mostly it's owner negligance that causes failure, but they can't take quite as much abuse as the B3.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks..so they are pretty much a take it easy car

ooh by the way man I didn't get the deal on the aspire
      Last edited by scotty0607; 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

no prob, i'll keep my peepers peeled...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I don't know much about the Geo's personally... I loved the Storm and still wish I had one. But I did youtube search "Geo Metro" and saw some crash test videos that would scare me from ever owning one.

With that said, I dare not search for Festiva crash test either. LOL

Motor wise... Since Geo was really a Suzuki... I've not heard of Suzuki motors lasting as long as the Mazda motors.

Overall though, I think they should bring back the Storm! Heck, why not the Metro convertible too!

I may be wrong, but that's my two cents.
          Last edited by Britstiva; 04-21-2010, 11:30 PM.
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

the 3 cyl 1L engine was a derivative of suzuki's motorcycle engine block (explains the narrow head/valve cover) learned this tidbit from an instructor at school a while back.

Comment

My friend has 270k on his original motor. It smokes for dang sure but its still putting along.

If you want a "man Geo", try to find a Suzuki Swift GT. Those things are pretty slick; nice DOHC 4 cyl, Recaro seats stock, still manage to get 45 mpg, only problem is they aren't cheap to (re)build.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Funny you ask, because i realized yesterday that i seem to see a LOT of Metros but i've only ever seen one other Festiva on the road since i got mine. Ironic? Does it mean they last longer? Where are all the Festivas?

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

it might be cause they didnt make/import as many? i thought that too though
                  93L sold. First FESTY!
                  91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                  91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                  89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                  93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                  89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                  93GL Sold Too Soon!
                  91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

also metros were made longer than festivas here in the states.
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I've had both at the same time, back in the 90s. My impression at the time was that the Festivas were slightly better quality overall. Also, the Festiva engine is non-interference, but I don't think the Metro motors (1.0 and 1.3) were. And the Metro can't do the rear seat trick.

Metros were sold here until 1998 IIRC, so naturally there will be more around than Festys. Plus they were sold by GM, which is larger than Ford, and Suzuki (as the Swift), so they were sold in larger volume too.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 04-22-2010, 07:35 AM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Correction, Metros were sold here until 2001.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                        X