crash test ratings on festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crash test ratings on festiva

Just curious if anybody knows or has found any crash test ratings on our cars. I looked around on the internet and wasn't able to find anything of any substance. Possibly there might be something on the window sticker if somebody has one? Judging from the size of our cars I think its pretty obvious but haven't been in an accident in one to know for sure. Pretty much was wondering if its going to safe enough for me to have my daughter in is the bottom line. Like I said, I think I know the answer, but am hoping for proof of otherwise lol.
    The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
    1988 LX ~sold~
    1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
    2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
    1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
    2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Well, my wife lets our kids ride with me. But, I don't think that's the proof you need...lol
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

I found this, I think this is what you were looking for. http://www.crashtest.com/ford/index.htm
      '90 LX

Comment

lol yea was looking for more of a "government" mandated thing. Yea god forbid we get whacked I wanna know shes gonna be ok.
        1988 LX ~sold~

Comment

I would not put my family in one for driving everywhere every day. I guess I have no regard for my own safety as I drive mine everywhere every day.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
            I would not put my family in one for driving everywhere every day. I guess I have no regard for my own safety as I drive mine everywhere every day.
            x2 i feel the same way
            1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

PM'd

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

The only effective collision safety system in these cars is not hitting anything and the luck of not getting hit.

In the words of Richard Hammond, "The crumple zone is your face"

Comment

If you read it, you won't wanna drive it. LOL Avoid reading at all costs!
                  www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                  www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                  Snoopy's
                  4621 Atlantic Ave
                  Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

lets just say this...if you can reshape the engine bay with a ball-pin hammer, how safe do you think it really is?
                    -Brian
                    No Festiva Yet But that’s coming Soon after I build the Vic (Dubbed Project SVTiva rear engine 4.6 DOHC from a Lincoln continental)
                    My car: 2000 Ford Crown Victoria P73
                    Mods:38mm front Sway bar, 31mm rear sway bar, Bilstine shocks, Aluminum drive shaft, 3.55 gears w/ Posi. Coming Soon: 5.4 liter SOHC (Full N/A build) w/ 5-speed Trans.

Comment

The vehicles involved in accidents on average are another 1000 pounds since the late 80's too. We also gut our rides under 1900 lbs, so it's even worse LOL.

I guess you could do some searches for kia pride accidents globally, as the models were in use abroad more..but I havent seen much US info
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Well I t-boned a aerostar that ran a stop sign in front of me at 45 and walked away without a scratch. Brother went head on with a celica at 40 and walk away without a scratch but that my experances with them don't knows if it helps any
                        2015 Ford mustang Ecoboost
                        2013 Toyota Rav4 Limited
                        2013 Scion IQ ( yes the smart car looking one)
                        2015 Harley Davidson Iron883
                        2015Harley Davidson Street 750

Comment

I'd say it all depends on the type of collision, and to that end it may not matter what you drive if you know what i mean. I think in a straight on collision you may be ok, but god forbid you get t boned in the driver's door by anything...even another Festiva. I've had the family with me on a couple trips....lets just say you can't drive too defensive and it's a good idea to just stay in the slow lane, go 10 under the speed limit, and say a prayer before you leave just for good measure.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Ha love how the deathrate is poor in that chart!
                            1988 LX ~sold~

Comment

My uncle had a 1988 in 1988... By 1992 it had 199,000 miles on it. A City/County full size Bronco got rear ended by a car doing 45, pushing it into a head on collision with my aunt that was doing 45 (90mph of impact into a full size bronco). The Bronco ended up front axle parked on the roof of the festiva. My aunts leg was broken in two places. That is it. Not dead, no permanent injury. They are actually pretty tough little cars. If its a concern though, the entire reason the Aspire exists is because they didn't want to re-work the festiva to have Airbags. Get an aspire!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                              X