Vin Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vin Number

Whats the meaning of the letters and numbers of the VIN Number? I tried the search botton and came up empty. I looked in the Hayes Manual, and my Owners Manual. I thought one of these Manuals broke down the VIN and explained what each letter and number meant. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.

Rich

Comment

this is my 88 production number #Prod Sequence Number 104042
      FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Prod Sequence Number 151875

Comment

Thanks, thats what I was lookinng for.

Rich

Comment

I just remembered. The old Chilton Repair Manuals use to provide an explanation and break down of the VIN number.

Rich

Comment

wow mtec yours is after min i guess mine is close 104, my car is older then yours wowzers
              FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

Mine 92 is production sequence #124020
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

'92, number 117529 for me, built in Seoul, but says it's an LX, but it's really a GL Sport :S
                  The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

your car has a different VIN! no seriously, you might want to make sure they all match up

Comment

Originally posted by rmp2711 View Post
                      Whats the meaning of the letters and numbers of the VIN Number? I tried the search botton and came up empty. I looked in the Hayes Manual, and my Owners Manual. I thought one of these Manuals broke down the VIN and explained what each letter and number meant. I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.

Rich
                      here is what your looking for

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                      92 GL - parts car
                      97 aspire - parts car
                      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                      X