Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 2

Just came across this...

Coming to North America this summer only as a four door.

Looks similar to the new Fiesta.
    Last edited by fastivaca; 04-26-2010, 11:52 PM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Hopefully Mazda will do like Toyota with the Yaris and give us a 3 door. That would make a great hot hatch with aftermarket parts!
    The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

They look similar to the fiesta because they share a chassis.

Im personally waiting for the new Fiat 500. They're based on the Ford Ka.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

^^ the mazda 2 is only based on the ford chassis.....as far as design and suspention i believe they are going to be much different. A couple of our techs went to a Mazda 2 tech class. He said the engine is only a slightly modernized 1.5 from the old 1996 proteges.....and the susupention looked the same too.

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I like a lot about it; would prefer a 2-door tho. One thing I didn't like was the center stack--no way to stick in an aftermarket radio since the stock one is very customized for this car. I hate when manufacturers design stuff this way, making repair or replacement very difficult/expensive (meaning you gotta buy their part).

Gas mileage will apparently be 40 hwy--the same as Kittystiva's more powerful B6rt. The 2's claimed 100 HP (crankshaft) comes out to about 85 Wheel HP; my car dynos at 111 WHP, and is lighter. And there are a couple of ways I can improve its mileage, going with either Megasquirt ($400) or MSD's boost timing master module ($250). I have about $3K in my Festy now, and it outperforms the $14K - $19K Mazda 2 in every way. I suspect you can't haul a washing machine in the 2, or have two people sleep in it very comfortably. Festiva still FTW!
          Last edited by TominMO; 04-27-2010, 09:30 AM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Fiat 500 abarth= the win in new 2dr b segment cars.
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

According to the specs the auto transmission gets better gas mileage than the 5-speed manual.

Comment

Tom, every way except safety ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by genghis1 View Post
                  Tom, every way except safety ratings.
                  True; everyone has to make their own calculation about whether a modern high-tech car with front and side airbags is worth the expense. (It is, if you get into an accident!) Or buy a Festy, drive carefully and take your chances.

Young inexperienced drivers get into the majority of fatal accidents, with or without the chemical impairment of choice. For them I would want to get a modern, safer car just so they live through their first 10 years of driving. At least a driver and passenger airbag.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yea I don't like these new automatics that "get better mileage than the sticks". No no no no no, sticks are more fun, and I just really have a hard time believing a 4-speed automatic can get better mileage than a 5-speed stick in the hands of a skilled driver
                    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                    1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                    1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                    1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by pwgus View Post
                      No no no no no, sticks are more fun, and I just really have a hard time believing a 4-speed automatic can get better mileage than a 5-speed stick in the hands of a skilled driver

Comment

I really don't understand why they don't offer a 2 door model. Ridiculous....
                        90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
                        93 Festiva L 5 speed
                        93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by JumboShrimp View Post
                          I really don't understand why they don't offer a 2 door model. Ridiculous....
                          again x2 lol

Comment

because the prius isn't available with 2 doors, lol, its the same target market
                            1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                            1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                            1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                            1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

I really want to slap whoever decided that. It would look like a pretty decent car, same with the Fiesta but its in the same boat. Does anyone know of any 2 door hatches coming out?
                              90 Festiva L Auto - Parts
                              93 Festiva L 5 speed
                              93 Festiva LX 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X