Today was a good day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was a good day!

Today I got my 89' Festy back on insurance, took her for a spin soon as I got home from school. She's running great again! Pulls hard for what it is, and has no problems anymore, sure missed driving it. Took it up to 75ish mph a few times, drove great, no shakes or anything. Glad I'm finally back to driving a festiva again
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Good deal! Glad you got it back on the road.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I can relate. I know how good it feels to get a festiva back on the road after not driving it for a long time. Awesome.

Comment

Glad to hear your rolling again. I drove my Suburban for the first time in three weeks today and felt like I was in a strange hotel room.:thumbup:
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
          Pulls hard for what it is
          When I had my '89 Auto it pulled hard to for a B3 Festiva also, it seemed faster then my current '90 Auto. Good to hear it's on the road again.
          '90 LX

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
            When I had my '89 Auto it pulled hard to for a B3 Festiva also, it seemed faster then my current '90 Auto. Good to hear it's on the road again.
            The 89' autos are faster than the 90-93' autos, they have a different fuel injection set up, they have vac-advance and are peppier. I can definitely feel the difference when driving a 89' ATX vs. 90-93' ATX.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

After driving it, I realized something, I need to put my aspire front swaybar on the car. It really makes the car handle much nicer through the turns, I'm used to driving a festiva with one since my 93' I drove before had one installed on it. They're definitely worth the effort of installing

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                The 89' autos are faster than the 90-93' autos, they have a different fuel injection set up, they have vac-advance and are peppier. I can definitely feel the difference when driving a 89' ATX vs. 90-93' ATX.
                hmmm....maybe I will fix my 89 ATX afterall.

Congrats again Fred!
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                  hmmm....maybe I will fix my 89 ATX afterall.

Congrats again Fred!
                  Thanks, yeah I like my 89' ATX alot, I can't wait to drop a early B6 in it, after I get one, rebuild it, and mod it some

Comment

Good to hear! Yeah get that sway bar on.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^I'm going to, I need to do some work on the car where the front of the crossmember bolts up first though, right now it's held on by only 1 bolt instead of two, stupid rust..

Comment

sweet news fred!! I drove my white festy the other day.. and i sure missed it!
                        -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                        X