Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if i have to ditch my festiva during a road trip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i have to ditch my festiva during a road trip...

i am a participant in the dumball rally.
    last year i ran a 1987 chevy nova(toyota corolla)
    this year i will be running my festiva. the goal was to do the a-team but i sold the van(for dumball) my son fell in love with and had to make the festiva his idea. so, we bought it with the intentions of doing a hotwheels theme this year and the a-team next year, assuming the car makes it there and back.

the car runs great and looks pretty good now but it will have flames and a skull on it soon. it is all part of the theme. mechanically the car runs perfect. the only flaw mechanically speaking is the oil leak. that said, i do not have much of an interest in tearing the engine down to replace the cam, crank, and valve cover gaskets/seals. i will be packing lots of extra oil and 'stop-leak'.

the dumball rally will be leaving portland oregon june 16th and we'll be sleeping in orofino idaho. the 17th we'll be sleeping in bozeman montana, the 18th we'll be sleeping in jackson wyoming. these are going to be crazy long legs.

since we have a safety van to pick us up if we break down, we have the possibility of ditching the car and hitching a ride the rest of the way.

but that leaves me in the position of leaving a beloved car on the side of the road. now, i am not anticipating a break down, but it is in the realm of possibilities. last year i sold my dumball car in san francisco. but this year i plan on bringing this one back for multiple years.

that said, if the unspeakable happened, and i had to ditch the car, would there be anyone on the way that would be able to pick the car up and maybe donate some cash my way toward the next dumball car?

i just wanted some input. because i love this car and actually care what happens to it. no one loves a 1987 chevy nova. there are no clubs for that car. but you guys get the festiva.

i have a title in my name and would be willing to sign it over if the unspoken thing happened.
    Last edited by ghosthunter242; 04-29-2010, 01:30 AM.

If you drive through North Dakota, I live near Grand Forks and might be able to help you out. If you need parts or just to ditch the car, I should be able to help.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

If you end up anywhere near Little Rock ill take it off your hands.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

sorry guys, i will not be going any further east than jackson hole wyoming.
        we're going to drive straight back to vancouver, wa. hopefully as close to non stop as possible on saturday. the 19th.

Comment

I thought I saw indiana in their somewhere...
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I may still be in Spokane during that time, if you're traveling via I-90. If you have a breakdown within 100 miles of me, I may be able to pick you up and drag the car home with my buddy's truck.

-Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

It'll save you $$ to spend $10 on a valve cover gasket. and it takes 10 minutes to change.
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                It'll save you $$ to spend $10 on a valve cover gasket. and it takes 10 minutes to change.
                He's lying. It takes many hours to change*. And mine cost $15 IIRC.

* If you're me.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Did you say festiva and breakdown in the same breath?
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

i do not know the routes we will be taking. we will not know until the morning of the rally.
                    each day we get a bundle of maps and the points legend for the day or legs of the day.
                    i am assuming we will be taking a more southerly route through oregon into orfino idaho. but they might surprise us with some off the map desert road. who knows?! that is why this is so fun.

Comment

You have a friend in Boise!
                      *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

Working...
                      X