92 Festiva L - Headliner dome lite upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Festiva L - Headliner dome lite upgrade

Hello - I obtained a different headliner dome lite that I want to install. I see where the holes line up in the ceiling for my upgraded dome lite.

However the plug coming out of the headliner ceiling is not the same as the one on the item I wish to install.

Here is a pic if the item I want to install; question; both wires are gray. How do I tell which one is for 12V and the other ground?

the ground is the 1 screw on the one side (2 screws on the other side)

the domelight will only work 100% if you hook the 2 wires up right so if it wont work switch the wires.

i didnt cut the plug off the car when i did mine, i cut the plug off an old festy frront seat belt connector (it had a sensor) and spliced that on the dome light, becuase i dont like cutting plugs off cars

because the ground is through a screw, the light will not work until you mount it, just FYI
    Last edited by MTec007; 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM.

Comment

On my Aspire, all I had to do was just find the smallest female plug adaptors at Wal-mart and attached those to the wires coming from my donor light (cut the plug off there) and attached the connectors up.

Then all I had to do was slide the new small female connectors into thte receptacle dangling from the ceiling. Then to make sure the vinyl wasn't going to be against any hot surfaces, I had to trim the hole slightly larger (and toward the back of the car) to adapt to the new light.
      Last edited by Britstiva; 05-06-2010, 05:28 PM.
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)

Comment

Got it! Works! Thanks! Looking forward to Ohiosteva on the 29th!

Comment

Working...
          X