Who does #2 work for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does #2 work for?

I just bought my second festiva today. Its a turquoise '93 five speed. I had a few questions about it. It has an air conditioner and looks like it used to have a DIN type of radio, but it only has one mirror. Is it an L or an LS? The brakes are a little scary, I have to pump them in order for them to "catch". That means the Master Cylinder is going out right? If not then what is it? I plan on buying my friends XR2 and doing the B6T swap. His dad owns a small garage so we'll be doing it there.

Some things I've noticed I have to replace so far are (in order)
    1. The brake issue
    2. The drivers side taillight(replacing both with the ones off my '89)
    3. Radio(not needed until my girlfriend wants to ride :roll: )
    4. Shocks
    5. Aspire brakes all around
    6. Then maybe the B6T swap

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

When you have to pump the brakes before they work, it means you have air in the brake lines. Can happen if you run the master cylinder low on fluid, or you could have a bad wheel cylinder. Top off the master cylinder if it's low, then check for oil leaks on each of the wheels. You may just need to bleed the system and it may work fine after that.

Comment

they're always after me lucky charms....

Austin Powers reference.... I love it!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

As an attempt at a quick fix, check and bleed the brake system to see if it improves. If it does, your master cylinder, etc. is probably fine.

Anomaly asked:

"Is it an L or an LS?"

Ain't no LS. Sure you don't have a Cavalier? :lol:

Does it have alloys, a rear wiper or a tach?

"Turquoise" is called "aqua" by the factory. I can look in my '93 pamphlet later to see if that color was offered in GL trim.

As for your single mirror, it could have been broken/stolen/whatever and simply replaced with the plain covers. For example, I actually pulled an electric right side mirror off an L or L plus at the 'yard. It was not hooked up. Someone had added it. You'll see funny stuff like this, I guess.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
          Ain't no LS. Sure you don't have a Cavalier? :lol:
          I went out and looked and I have a Fiesta!

Seriously, I forgot the Gl and L were the only two offered. LS, what was I thinking? I meant the GL, the upper model.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Working...
          X