I Want to clear up tranny/large part shipping confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to clear up tranny/large part shipping confusion

OK, I have heard from so many people about how hard it is to ship a tranny and how oh it has to go freight or oh its so much trouble, it will cost way more than the part blah blah blah....THIS IS NOT TRUE! these trannys are not over 150 lbs, which is the max at ups, im not just talking e series , e, f g whatever, i shipped a G-series by UPS with the shifter and linkages still attached. The reason I just wanted to post this is that I have gotten so much gall from people claiming they can't ship a trans because ups wont take it or oh it must go freight or oh man youd have to pick it up, and its just not so. Ups even stocks boxes more than large enough for a trans, i got my own box since i still had the linkages attached and the end weight was jjust 90 lbs. So for future reference dont be afraid to try new things, you might just save 400 bucks....
    91 red l-

do you have any trannys for sale?

Comment

ATM no just sold one to someone in memphis, i just thought people might be more inclined to ship these if they knew that they can just go standard UPS with very little trouble, yeah you have to throw some cardboard and newspaper to package it, its not hard to ship though, i just dont see why thats like a deal breaker for people
      91 red l-

Comment

i shipped a t5 from a mustang on a palet once, i dont quite remember what shipping was.. i love the little trans that come in the festers i can walk around holding one in my hand.Compared to a v8, Dont get me started on how light the pressure plate and flywheel are, lol..

Comment

If you manage to ship it from a business to a business then its not a big deal at all. when you use residential destinations the price hike is out of control. If its a big truck with a lift gate there is a massive lift gate fee. You might be able to get a buddy who works for a company with an account and have them ship it, and pay them the same price back to accounting in cash.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

festy trannies are no t-56 thats for sure. those go on a baby pallet
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

And all this may be true unless you are shipping anything to canada via UPS, their shipping may not be bad but look out when it comes across the border... US to Canada shipping is best left to USPS if you can... I don't know what there size limits are however.
              90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
              BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by LittleHoe View Post
                I don't know what there size limits are however.
                I believe the weight limit is 70 pounds for USPS.
                '90 LX

Comment

a stock aspire trans is less than 70 lbs.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I have shipped 2 trannies.Both cost less than $45.00 shipped.One to Pa and one to Oregon....

Comment

yea it isnt hard to ship a trnny guess i just dont get the whole fear people have of shipping large parts
                      91 red l-

Comment

well if shipping is that cheap i got a 4 speed with a 2 month old flywheel and a clutch kit for 215shipped

Comment

shoot, I have shipped BMW ATX transmissions FedEx for less than a $100, so I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to ship a Festy trans. I will crate an engine in a heart beat if I know someone has a way to accept the delivery via FedEx freight.
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

yeah but freight is expensive, you could break the engine down into seperate boxes and ship it that way still be under 100
                            91 red l-

Comment

Yeah I've shipped trans before a few times
                              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
                              X