worst night ever in the Festiva....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst night ever in the Festiva....

had the worst night ever in the Festiva. first off was driving to work n every things fine, then all the sudden go over a bump on the freeway n bAAAA! the exhaust breaks a weld right after the cat. so i tie it up n finish the driving to work. while dealing with massive in car noise n vibration im late. well the end come n its time to drive home. so i grab some ear plugs to deal with the sound. so i get home n see smoke coming out from under the hood. so i grab a flash light n look under the hood n oil all over the place check, the oil and it doesn't even register on the dip stick. so now im out of a car and in need of a motor cause now it knocks like crazy n is as loud as a volcano.

Swap time!
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

That's not bad. It could've ended up looking like this:

Agreed though.... Something breaks, always time to upgrade.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

^That spoiler still good?
        -Donny
        -1992 Festiva GL
        B6D/E-series.
        -1991 GL
        BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Simon, I still remember when that happened. Your girl friend came out pretty luck in that accident. I miss the Pimpstiva.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

When was the last time you checked the oil?
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
              When was the last time you checked the oil?
              i check it every time b4 i drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
                That's not bad. It could've ended up looking like this:

Agreed though.... Something breaks, always time to upgrade.
                true but having a car that does't run is just as good as a wrecked one, easiest n cheapest swap? b6 or b8?

Comment

B6 is going to be the easiest... Good luck!
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

That sucks!!!!! Sorry to hear that!! My valve cover leaks, and haven't gotten around to replacing the gasket yet, ran it low a few weeks back without thinking, ended up with one or more of my lifters clattering away, felt like i had died. Thank goodness after putting in some additive and driving it for a few days it stopped. So really can feel your pain!

Hope things work out good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by kurt5153 View Post
                      true but having a car that does't run is just as good as a wrecked one...
                      Ok well if thats true I'll give you $5 for your otherwise worthless car... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Wldfire View Post
                        My valve cover leaks, and haven't gotten around to replacing the gasket yet, ran it low a few weeks back without thinking, ended up with one or more of my lifters clattering away, felt like i had died. Thank goodness after putting in some additive and driving it for a few days it stopped.
                        How bad is the leak!:shock:

Mine leaks too, but never enough to even top up before I change it.
                        But in your case I think you could make an economic case that the $16 for a new VG gasket might pay for the oil your losing.
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Hi! Its pretty bad. I just got a new gasket for it , Just haven't had a chance to put it in yet. Better get my ass in gear and do that, or before i have an engine fire. Life's been well interesting lately with separating and fun stuff like that, so minds not been too smart on things like that. Thanx for your reply, your very very right, the amount i spend on oil would have paid for the gasket ALONG time ago. Im just thankful i didnt cook my motor.

Comment

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                            Ok well if thats true I'll give you $5 for your otherwise worthless car... lol.
                            lol na thxs tho lol ,ill just let it sit till i get a motor. n if i was gonna get rid of it pick a part will give me $350 for it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad day. I hope you can get it going again, I would hate to hear that pick a part got a nice rust free CA body. Before you go that route, try a 1.3L out of an Aspire. They are easier to find. Please PM before you sell your car to pick a part. I would rather rescue it somehow than see it turned into scrap.
                              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                              82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
                              X