What is that air box for? '90 efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that air box for? '90 efi

What is that airbox for where the intake is? Do I need this? There is a sensor of some sort in there. Any option to put a K&N filter in it's place?
    '90 EFI Auto Festiva "The Red Racket"

You do not need the airbox. I believe you can get an adaptor for a Filter or you can make one. Or some people just drill holes in the bottom of the airbox.
    Edit: Here is a pic of what you would have to use a K&N filter. From Eurotivas build.
    Last edited by wybnrml; 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM.
    '90 LX

Comment

It is to quiet it down. Most women and people over 50 put engine noise in the car at a much higher priority when purchasing. Since women are 51% of the population and have 100% of the V-----S we are compelled to listen to them.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        Since women are 51% of the population and have 100% of the V-----S we are compelled to listen to them.
        You must be forgetting Richard Simmons.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Is it worth the effort to go with the cone style filter?
          '90 EFI Auto Festiva "The Red Racket"

Comment

yea it is, i am on that mod now once i get out of school june 15 i will be doing that mod, and looking for a turbo and a newer manifold for my festiva. the cone is way worth it because it is easier to clean, looks better and gives a little more air then stock one

Comment

Working...
            X