Sweetness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetness...

Well tomorrow morning after months and months of waiting my next 2 cars should be getting delivered to me house. One is a Green 4 Door Aspire with 62k miles on the clock. The other is a Red 92 Festiva GL. I am picking them both up for 600 cash delivered plus gas. Should be about 50 or so for gas.

The Festiva is in really good shape overall. The interior is very clean as is the exterior other than some wavyness in the back passenger quarter panel. The engine runs like a top and has been well maintained. The trans is another story as it pops out of 4th and 5th. I have a spare trans here at the house so that car is going to turn into my daily driver.

The Aspire is in really good shape as well. The drivers front fender has a dent and that is all thats wrong with it physicaly. It will not start and I am pointing at the fuel pump. I heard it run a little bit when I went and looked at it months ago while the guy sprayed starting fluid in the intake. I am not sure what the outcome of this car is going to be quite yet. I know I want the brakes off of it but not sure if I want to tear down a clean car just for the brakes and the engine. It has the auto trans so that is pretty much worthless to me at this point. More than likely I will be parting this one out so if you guys need parts speak up. The brakes and engine are spoken for.

I will get pics of both cars in this thread as they are delivered. I dont even want to go to sleep I am so excited. Again I have to thank my wife for helping me see my dream of having some sweet Festivas. Happy festiva-ing, Jeremiah.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Sweet!! Got to like that deal!!!! Cant wait to see pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Roboskittle View Post
      Well tomorrow morning after months and months of waiting my next 2 cars should be getting delivered to me house. One is a Green 4 Door Aspire with 62k miles on the clock. The other is a Red 92 Festiva GL. I am picking them both up for 600 cash delivered plus gas. Should be about 50 or so for gas.

The Festiva is in really good shape overall. The interior is very clean as is the exterior other than some wavyness in the back passenger quarter panel. The engine runs like a top and has been well maintained. The trans is another story as it pops out of 4th and 5th. I have a spare trans here at the house so that car is going to turn into my daily driver.

The Aspire is in really good shape as well. The drivers front fender has a dent and that is all thats wrong with it physicaly. It will not start and I am pointing at the fuel pump. I heard it run a little bit when I went and looked at it months ago while the guy sprayed starting fluid in the intake. I am not sure what the outcome of this car is going to be quite yet. I know I want the brakes off of it but not sure if I want to tear down a clean car just for the brakes and the engine. It has the auto trans so that is pretty much worthless to me at this point. More than likely I will be parting this one out so if you guys need parts speak up. The brakes and engine are spoken for.

I will get pics of both cars in this thread as they are delivered. I dont even want to go to sleep I am so excited. Again I have to thank my wife for helping me see my dream of having some sweet Festivas. Happy festiva-ing, Jeremiah.
      You can always do the Festy swap to the Aspire! Take the Aspire put them on the Festy and take the Fesy's and put em on the Aspire....then sell it.....FREE FESTY with swap.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
        You can always do the Festy swap to the Aspire! Take the Aspire put them on the Festy and take the Fesy's and put em on the Aspire....then sell it.....FREE FESTY with swap.
        Oh believe you me that is the plan lol.

Aspire springs are getting hacked and put on the Green L with the struts, brakes, engine, and sway bar. The green L will be a track queen with miata daisys on it. Probably be blacked out or OD greened out with black trim. Gutted and Gutted some more and eventually get a 1.6 SOHC or B6T swap.

The Red GL will get the best of the 3 Festiva parts including trans, engine, brakes, suspension, interior, and body panels. It will be daily driven and might have A/C.

The Blue L has no love right now. I daily drive it but it is horrible. Suspension bits pop and wiggle and pull the car all over the place. Shifter rattles like its about to fall out, Has 13s on the back 12s in the front lol. Occasionally I have to knock the battery connections around to get it to start. Best of all is the sweet angle iron that is my new core support. It was very well done but not done well at the same time. The hood doesnt latch because the center bar is not there (no where to connect it to). What is sad is the rest of the unibody is in great shape compared to all three cars. I am thinking about keeping it and welding in a real core support and letting it sit around as an extra chassis. Might sell it though who knows.

Pics in the morning guys I promise.

Comment

We still have to go to the local festiva graveyard some day.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Oh for sure..

Comment

Finally got pics....

They were delivered this morning for 650 cash. Here are the pics as promised...

These were with my cell sorry for lame quality.

Comment

They both look really nice. Congrats on the new purchase.

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Well as of yesterday afternoon the Aspire runs and drives. I drained the old gas out and put fresh in with some HEAT. Disconnected the fuel line to the engine and watched as I turned the key. Gas came spitting out of the fuel filter the second time I hit the key and it was some nasty looking stuff. Just did that a couple times until it was clean gas. I than poured some seafoam directly into the fuel line to the engine hooked it up to the filter and bumped it over. Fired up first try. WHOOO HOOO. Drove it around the block a couple times after I let it idle for a while. Purrs like a kitten, brakes are great and trans shifts nice and smooth. Even the A/C works. Power Steering pump was screaming like a banshee so I topped it off with fluid and its good to go now as well.

Glad I got this car running and know the condition of everything before I start stripping it down to go on my Festiva. Sad im bastardizing this car to upgrade a Festiva but im not a fan of the Aspire. They are great cars but Festivas are so much cooler looking and have a lot more pep to them. Will start dissecting this one here in about 2 weeks to start the transplant into my Festivas.
                  Last edited by Roboskittle; 05-18-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

^^ Feh, don't feel too bad about that. I'm pretty sure Ford sold the Aspires over here just so there'd be plenty of upgrade parts for the Festivas.:p

Nice scores, BTW.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

dibbs on the clear front corners and the headlight bulb wiring connectors with about 3" of wire left on!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Nice scores!

How many miles are on that Aspire?

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I may be interested in buying that aspire auto trans from you..

Does it shift good and everything?
                          Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM.
                          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

62k miles on the Aspire.

Well I will post a proper part out thread when I get to pulling parts off of it. Trans shifts great though no issues at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X