Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever researched about importing a Pride/121/Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever researched about importing a Pride/121/Festiva?

I really want to get into another festiva this summer but have always had close to no luck finding them in my area. I always wondered what it would take to import a Festiva GTX, Festiva, Pride, or Mazda 121 from Japan or Australia. Anyone know?
    Last edited by av8ter; 05-16-2010, 07:51 AM.

Probably an arm and a leg

Comment

True. I really wouldn't mind it costing a bit more if I could get an immaculate low mile car with all the JDM goodies.

Comment

that would be nice!! lol

Comment

I believe the age alone keeps them from being imported here. They can be brought into Canada....there is a guy up there that has a few like that.

Would love to have a right hand drive....a few more years.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

It would be cheaper and easier to strip the goodies from a nice overseas car and ship them here, rather than ship the whole car.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              It would be cheaper and easier to strip the goodies from a nice overseas car and ship them here, rather than ship the whole car.
              would not be the same....once we are able to import I am really going to LOOK for one.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                would not be the same....once we are able to import I am really going to LOOK for one.
                Yup...

I think the car has to be older than 15 years old to import it, right? Anything older than a 96 should be good, but I could be wrong. I know there are a bunch of people in ATL's import scene that have weaseled their way around that rule.

Comment

not too sure anymore, but i thought the import age was 25. 15 would be cool. from what i understand there is red tape even getting cars from canada into the US. i was looking in to the possibility of getting a nissan micra a few years back or even a smart car from canada. i live about 4 hours or less from the canadian border and often check the craigslist. it seems the seattle area has a lot of dual citizenship holders. i believe they can bring the cars in their name then register them here THEN sell the car. it is a paper trail but is possible. the canadian market is so much better. they get a lot of the euro models we'll never see. some model differences are just a name(metro and sprint can be a pontiac firefly) others we do not have here at all like some kias and hyundais. for all i know, there might actually be mazda 121's in canada. if i find any, i will post the links in the wanted f/s section.

Comment

Hi! I have looked a few times at importing a vehicle from Japan. The shipping costs where not totally crazy, but not cheap. You get a better deal if you import more then one item, and fill up a shipping container.
                    Here is a link i just pulled up fast . Not positive if the postings are showing the right vehicles, but im still new to the Festiva world.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...ll/?fd=festiva

Like with this one http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...stiva/3648097/
                    It would cost $929 USD to ship from Japan to Vancouver, B.C. Canada. And take 10-15 days.

Comment

Here's afew pics of waht importing will bring you as far as rareness. I've seen this car in person, belongs to a fellow fest-addict on the board.

Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

I remember that car. That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I think he paid $600-$800 for the car alone. It might be double that to actually get it here and registered, but it is COMPLETELY worth it in my eyes. ALL the goodies. Usually have interiors and exteriors in excellent condition.

Comment

Originally posted by av8ter View Post
                          I remember that car. That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I think he paid $600-$800 for the car alone. It might be double that to actually get it here and registered, but it is COMPLETELY worth it in my eyes. ALL the goodies. Usually have interiors and exteriors in excellent condition.
                          x2 Exactly the way I want to do it when we are able too. Right hand drive and all!
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                            x2 Exactly the way I want to do it when we are able too. Right hand drive and all!
                            Sounds like a joke, but we are going to need to do a group buy on JDM cars lol. Jam as many as we can in one shipping container and take it from there lol...

I am serious about this. I am sure there is a way around the system. I do also think it is 15 years, not 25, unless they changed it recently.

Comment

heck, put me in for one... and the B3ME....
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X