Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys

ok guys i got a question for all you, so me and my bro own festivas. I own 2, just picked up an auto 89 LX and i have my 88 L carbed and my bro has a 93 auto GL and well my question is do any keys work on festivas?? cause his works on mine, opens doors, starts the car everything. So all 3 sets of keys work on all 3 cars is this normal??

Yes, there's only about a dozen different key combinations for the Festiva.

And when the locks get worn, most things/keys will open them. It's come in handy before...

-Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

During FM3 Eve, at Dean and Barb's house, I figured out my 2 keys (Batstiva's and my 89L) started somewhere around 8-10 of the 15 or 20 cars in Dean's driveway. Figured out later, they started a couple of Dean's other cars that I did not try that night. Interestingly, they wouldn't unlock very many at all. Guess the ignition gets worn more than the door locks.

When I bought my 89, it took 2 or 3 visits to the guy's house before I caught him home, but I was able to unlock, and start the 89 with my 88 key. I resisted the urge to test drive it, because the neighbors were starting to look at me funny.

So yeah, it's not unusual what you and your bro have going on.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

so are there any alternative to fixing this problem?

Comment

maybe buy a new set of locks

Comment

Working...
          X