So, what did you do today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what did you do today?

Finally had a day off. Woot!! Showed the Stivas some love. Actually gave them both a bath on Sunday. Which has brought on 2 days of rain and slop. Glad to see I still have that power. Bwahahahaha!!!

Today, changed the oil in both cars. Yes, for those who were in NC in March, my oil is no longer self changing in the 89. Cleaned them both out, finally swapped backseats, so the one from the 89 is in the 90, and the 89 got the LX split fold seat. The one from the 90 gets to go to away. Not sure what the PO did in the backseat of that car, but there are stains I don't think thermo-nuclear war would get rid of. Stripped the carpet off of my one remaining hatch cover and laid out the parts for templates to make two new ones. Did a quickie rust repair job on the 90. Damn near anything will pass inspection in WV, but there can be no rust holes on the body, or it's an automatic failure. And the inspection on the 90 dies next weekend. So, it's all legal to go to OSX. Woo-hoo!!

So, what have you done for your Festy, lately?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

i've been flushing the radiator and engine for the past week and a half. will soon use some kind of chemical flush rather than the water im using now. i dont think the antifreeze has ever been changed.. ever

Comment

Put a gallon of vinegar in it. It'll eat up all the crud. Run it like that for a week and then flush it.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
        So, what have you done for your Festy, lately?
        I drove for 9 hours straight in a sketchy cube van with a sketchier trailer, stopping only to pick it up and drop it off and spent an entire paycheck just to get it in my posession
        Over the last month I've already got about 80 hours of work and $700 in parts into it.
        And my engine will be another long drive and $350.
        Worth every minute and every penny even to this point. And it doesn't even have a plate yet.

Comment

I've been swapping trannies
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I've been driving a mercedes every day and thinking about how I have not driven my stiva for almost 2 weeks now.

Comment

I went and got a nut and bolt for one control arm. Thats about it lol.
              91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
              00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
              88 gtx
              74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                Put a gallon of vinegar in it. It'll eat up all the crud. Run it like that for a week and then flush it.
                really? that doesnt sound like a good idea.. are you sure? what kind?

Comment

All I've done for mine is think about how it's just sitting on jackstands...it's been months!
                  "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                    really? that doesnt sound like a good idea.. are you sure? what kind?
                    Just the regular white vinegar you get in the gallon jug at walmart for like $2. Its only like 10% so its not THAT strong. Ive actually been running it through mine for a month now... need to flush.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well i sold a pair of tires 245/75/r16 they had 300 miles on em, delivered them, got payed, headed home,about 5 miles from home the festy threw the water pump belt and started to over heat,got stoped, pulled the air belt off, put it on the water pump and went home and ate ice cream no biggie.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I had the hood fly up on my Blue Bomber. It has now become parked and my Aspire will take its place as the daily until I get to the swap-a-roo of parts. Luckily all it did was cut the cowl with the hood hinges and not damage the windshield or roof somehow. Thats what that car gets for not having a hood latch support in it or a core support to even bolt it to I guess lol.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          Just the regular white vinegar you get in the gallon jug at walmart for like $2. Its only like 10% so its not THAT strong. Ive actually been running it through mine for a month now... need to flush.
                          well radiator flush is like $6 at advance so thats not that bad ill go that route.. it sounds safer

Comment

The vinegar will not harm your engine or your radiator at all. I just had a gallon of it sitting in a moped for the past month and a half to eat the rust out of the fuel tank. Did the job and nothing else I didnt want it to do. I will be using it for stuff like this from now on. Good luck either way you go man.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

I weed-eated for 8 hours today. Every joint hurts right now :p
                              woohoo for new jobs!
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                              X