Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire auto good/reliable car?

Hey all,

My gf's 96 olds 98 has developed my least favorite trick. It has a habit of stranding her while I'm at work , but by the time I get to it its always ready to run great and drives right home. I have tried every trick/test that I know and about 20 others suggested by anyone I could get advice from including a GM certified mech. Long story short I want to get her into a different car , and I would very much like it to be one I can fix myself no matter the issue. I was thinking of an auto festy but they aren't exactly common around here so my next thought was an auto aspire . Having no experience with either car in their auto tranny form I was wondering how reliable/durable is the aspire auto? Also whats the aspire like in general ; handling, acceleration, comfort etc. And before anyone suggests it , no chance I'm going to teach her to drive a stick... I need to preserve what little sanity I still have lol.
    Jeremy.S
    1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
    1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
    1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

they are slow, and handle like an economy car. I've heard of more 5 speed transmissions blowing out than autos.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
      I've heard of more 5 speed transmissions blowing out than autos.
      Thus must be true. I just bought one that with 4th and 5th just rattling around in the case. From what I noticed it seemed to have a more comfy suspension.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrekhan View Post
        Hey all,

My gf's 96 olds 98 has developed my least favorite trick. It has a habit of stranding her while I'm at work , but by the time I get to it its always ready to run great and drives right home. I have tried every trick/test that I know and about 20 others suggested by anyone I could get advice from including a GM certified mech. Long story short I want to get her into a different car , and I would very much like it to be one I can fix myself no matter the issue. I was thinking of an auto festy but they aren't exactly common around here so my next thought was an auto aspire . Having no experience with either car in their auto tranny form I was wondering how reliable/durable is the aspire auto? Also whats the aspire like in general ; handling, acceleration, comfort etc. And before anyone suggests it , no chance I'm going to teach her to drive a stick... I need to preserve what little sanity I still have lol.
        I was able to teach my now ex wife how to drive a stick. Its not that bad as long as you dont yell at them lol. She actually picked up on it pretty fast so Im sure you can do it too.

As far as the Aspire auto tranny cars they arent bad. I am driving one now back and forth to work and it shifts a lot better than a lot of the auto trans cars I have had. If Yvan can run a turbo BP on his with simple mods than im sure the stocker will treat you just fine in a stock car. Just keep up with the maintenance on it and it will treat you right.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

Working...
        X