I had heard this....found a source

scroll down a little on this site page
    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1367.htm
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

What is your point Tom? Is your link any more provable than mine? I dont trust the politians at all, and that link you provided could be be trying to cover up a "truth" as well as the one I provided. Something smells fishy with the whole gulf disaster.
      BP was drilling, but the money for the rig is S. Korean.
      AND...oil platforms just don't "blow up" like that. There are some things not being told to the "general population"! In my book, if your not telling all the facts of a story by omitting parts of it, then it is being manipulated. Something stinks about the spill story, and i'm not talking about the smell of the oil.
      Did you know there was a 2nd oil rig offshore of Louisiana, that went down a couple days later? That one wasnt activly drilling at the time, so no leak from that one. Kinda fishy dont you think?
      Last edited by drddan; 05-28-2010, 07:40 AM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Did you know that almost a hundred rigs have sank and or blown up in the past?

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
          BP was drilling, but the money for the rig is S. Korean.?
          You find it hard to believe other countries are trying to make money off the USA's addiction to oil?
          You bought a Koren built car, albeit with a "Ford" logo on it, who do you think got some of that money when it was first sold here?

AND...oil platforms just don't "blow up" like that.
          So when did you become an expert on oil drilling.
          As a matter of fact They DO!
          Why do you think they have, or supposed to have have all the fire gear and fire training on those platforms?
          They hit pockets of highly compressed natural gas which the equipment can't always handle.
          You think this was a N Korean torpedo too?
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service, archive, history, media

No, we aren't being told the whole story both BP and the government are lying about details.
          Conspiracy's like this are put out to occupy and distract people from larger issues like the piss poor economy, the next round of legislation they're going to harness us with or say a war or two that isn't going too well now.
          Yes, it is a disaster, and many people are going to loose there livelihood and the environment will be changed forever.
          And I'll bet BP doesn't foot the bill.
          If it was a torpedo, BP would be off the hook as it would be an act of war.
          You don't think BP would be pushing that angle to get out from under hundreds of millions of dollars in damages?
          And ignorant people propagating unfounded theories just play into their hands.

Oh, before I forget, I noticed you overlooked this little gem in your link:

So do you think this is just as valid as you first posting?
          Last edited by Pu241; 05-28-2010, 10:08 AM.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
            Right. And somehow no one noticed the destruction and loss of life before this incident. Got any facts to back this up, or is this just more eco-nutjob stuff?
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

What is your point Tom? Is your link any more provable than mine? I dont trust the politians at all, and that link you provided could be be trying to cover up a "truth" as well as the one I provided. Something smells fishy with the whole gulf disaster.
              BP was drilling, but the money for the rig is S. Korean.
              AND...oil platforms just don't "blow up" like that. There are some things not being told to the "general population"! In my book, if your not telling all the facts of a story by omitting parts of it, then it is being manipulated. Something stinks about the spill story, and i'm not talking about the smell of the oil.
              Did you know there was a 2nd oil rig offshore of Louisiana, that went down a couple days later? That one wasnt actively drilling at the time, so no leak from that one. Kinda fishy dont you think?
              1. The best sub the North Koreans have is the Soviet-made Romeo class, an electric-diesel sub designed in the 1950s. They are considered obsolete; the Soviets, Chinese and North Koreans use them for training and coastal duty only. It's extremely unlikely that one of them made the trip all the way to the Gulf of Mexico undetected. And Pyongyang is not crazy enough to "wake the sleeping giant" that is the USA.
              2. But nothing is impossible. The rational question here is what is more likely. It came out early that BP was trying to cut costs by not doing proper maintenance on the blowoff valve; and now we have someone fired in the govt agency that was charged to monitor such safety measures. Far more likely is that incompetence and corruption are to blame (I don't trust the govt either).
              3. What second oil rig? Where are the facts? The reporting? No way the press wouldn't have got wind of this.
              4. I agree with John; if there was no danger of oil rigs blowing up, there would be no need to install safety equipment to prevent it.
              Last edited by TominMO; 05-28-2010, 11:51 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Wow. With the internet I wish more people were actually illiterate. You could argue that one back and forth easier than a N. Korean torpedo. And then really. A nuke in/under an oil vein? Instead of a hole leaking upwards it will just be like squeezing a sponge underwater and it all floats at the same time.
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I work for "the state." I don't trust the gov't either! However, my guess is that we are in more danger from our own incompetent bureaucracies than we are from all them furriners.

I like conspiracy theories mainly because it gives me ideas for my own fiction writing, which essentially involves them being distractions for all the mundane crap which goes on behind the scenes by egotistical, power hungry, clueless bureaucrats who really don't care that much about "all the consequences," since they rarely believe that it can "happen to them."

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

An older gentleman once told me:

"Never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained by stupidity"

I don't think he coined the phrase, but it rings true more often than I'd like to believe.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                      My earlier response to you was uninformed, and that is why I was sarcastic. My apologies. I see now that you were supporting the non-conspiracy argument.

IDK about 100 rigs going down, but certainly a significant number did, with loss of life too.

BTW, on the Romeo-class subs, being diesel/electric they must be resupplied with diesel fuel on a regular basis, by a tender if they are far out to sea. Without a resupply, they can only go a relatively short distance--as in hundreds of miles, not thousands. It is doubtful that the NK navy even has such resupply tenders; and their deployment in the Atlantic would raise a lot of eyebrows.

People who come up with these conspiracy theories are either having a good laugh at others' gullibility; or they're just nuts.

Actually, it is common knowledge that the rig was disintegrated by a pulsed-energy weapon of some sort from an interplanetary war cruiser (planet yet to be determined).
                      Last edited by TominMO; 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        An older gentleman once told me:

"Never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained by stupidity"

I don't think he coined the phrase, but it rings true more often than I'd like to believe.
                        Sounds like something Mark Twain might have said.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Exactly TOM. USN failed, satellite systems failed, and all the other "inferior" countries with ships and planes able to warn us missed this sub as well. Venezuela all on its own made sure we didn't see it coming.
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            My earlier response to you was uninformed, and that is why I was sarcastic. My apologies. I see now that you were supporting the non-conspiracy argument.
                            No problems, its hard to hear tone on the internet!

This site has a good list.

just click rig list.

-Scott
                            Aqua 93 L
                            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Does anyone on here ever listen to Coast to Coast AM?
                              It airs 10pm -2am Pacific time
                              1am -5am eastern time
                              Last edited by Team Lightning; 05-28-2010, 01:16 PM.
                              Jerry
                              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                              X